Paris Retail Week to host 200+ conferences, including “Ecommerce in Africa”
The leading event for the European online and offline retail community, Paris Retail Week will present from 19 to 21 September all of the sector’s latest trends. Several renowned industry leaders are lined up to speak at this 2017 show through a range of conference formats.
Visitors will have plenty of opportunities to discover concrete solutions to optimise their activities and enhance their skills throu.gh best practices or training. A roundup of the unmissable events of Paris Retail Week 2017.
More than 200 freely accessible conferences are scheduled for Paris Retail Week, including Plenary Conferences, Keynote sessions, Academies, Special Sessions and Solutions Workshops. Live Retail, success stories, artificial intelligence, virtual/augmented reality, business meetings and training represent just some of the content visitors can discover over the course of the three days.
The Plenary Room will be equipped with a simultaneous translation system to allow international attendees to follow the conferences in English. Headsets will be available at the entrance of the room.
Live Retail – The new paradigm in retail?
Paris Retail Week 2017 is devoted to Live Retail.
Today, thanks to new technologies and data, the consumer and brands are establishing a new relationship based on complicity and commitment resulting in an authentic, human retail experience, anytime and anyplace.
A series of plenary conferences will explain and analyse the different aspects of Live Retail:
Long live Live Retail!
Tuesday 19 September– 10:30 am to 12:30 pm –Plenary room
Sophie Lubet, Retail Business Unit Director Comexposium
Olivier de Mendez, General Manager, Starbucks France
Nicolas Bertrand, General Manager, Micromania Group
Thierry Tallet, General Manager, Ixina France
David Mingeon, Deputy General Manager, Havas Paris
Live UX: VR, AR, Bots, NFC / RFID (…) for emotion
Wednesday 20 September – 09:30 am to 10:30 am- Plenary room
Soumia Hadjali, VP Digital Operations, Accor
Martin Sauer, Group Digital & eCommerce Directeur, Manutan
Mathieu Bellamy, Vice President Brand Strategy Director, Citroën
Live Logistics: the supply chain reinvented in the warehouse and from the first to last kilometre
Thursday 21 September – 09:30 am to 10:30 am – Plenary room
Speakers include: Christophe Poutier, Supply Chain Director, Bazarchic
Mourad Bensadik, Director for logistics & transport, FNAC Darty
Jonathan Trépo, General Manager Frande, Zalando SE
Retail revolution: What are the latest trends coming from the USA?
Thursday 21 September – 11 :30 am to 12 :00 pm – Plenary room
Speakers include: Isabelle Musnik, Founder, Content Director and Chief editor, Influencia
Laetitia Faure, Founder, Marketing trends and innovation office, Urban Sublime
Live Business: Gemmyo, the keys to a French unicorn’s success
Thursday 21 September – 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Plenary room
Speakers include: Charif Debs, Cofounder, Gemmyo
More details here.
Discover and learn from success stories
The keynote sessions give international retailers the opportunity to share their experiences, innovations and expertise. This year once again, visitors will be able to learn from a range of renowned speakers:
- Patrick Labarre, Director of the Amazon France Marketplace and Edouard Chabrol, Head of France, Italy and Spain Amazon Pay will present a keynote with customer feedback– Amazon Keynote: discover the channels to digital growth –Tuesday 19 September – 1:h00 pm to 2 :30 pm – Plenary room
- Juliet Anammah, CEO of Jumia, will present the success story of the first African unicorn – Ecommerce in Africa: Jumia’s success story – Tuesday 19 September – 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm – Plenary room
- Gary Swindells, Managing Director of Costco France will assess the first 3 months of Costco’s presence in France – Costco in France! The first months – Wednesday 20 September – 11:30 to 12:30 – Plenary room
- Allen Nance, CMO of Emarsys and Alexandra Simion, CRM & Digital Marketing Manager at BrandAlley will present the relationships and synergies between these two entities – Emarsys Keynote: 7 key figures to develop your Retail Business– Wednesday 20 September – 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm– Plenary room
- Mathieu Cervety – Deputy Head of SMB Marketing – Google France will come to share his experience with his keynote speech Welcome to the era of Assistance – Wednesday 20 September – 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Plenary room
- Antoine Jouteau, Managing Director of LeBonCoin, will come in person to present the website’s learnings – Leboncoin Keynote – Thursday 21 September 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm– Plenary room
- Trusted Shops is organising a keynote presentation on the challenges of the customer relationship with several key retailers – Marketplace, ventes privées, e-shop: how do they maintain their customer relations? – Wednesday 20 September – 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Plenary room
Speakers include: Jean Marc Noël, Founder & CEO Trusted Shops, Rachel Bouvier, Head of CRM Showroomprive.com, Manuel Lengenfelder, Head of E-commerce, La Boutique du Petit Prince, Matthieu Fouchard, Founder, Les Bretelles de Léon and Guillaume Rouby, Head of Marketing Back Market.
More details here.
Virtual/augmented reality and AI at Paris Retail Week
This year, Paris Retail Week is giving visitors the chance to test new, innovative technologies with activities and services based around artificial intelligence.
Paris Retail Week is organising several augmented and virtual reality activities based on retail themes in partnership with the French start-up Kyveo, including:
- A virtual visit of a store with an HTC Vive headset: thanks to virtual reality, it is possible to visit a whole store, get up close to the products, pick up additional information, etc. An idea for small stores?
- The augmented reality test with HoloLens goggles (Microsoft): it is now possible to integrate virtual objects into reality.
In addition, and for the first time at a show, Paris Retail Week, in partnership with the start-up BotSpell, will provide a visitor help service with a chatbot which will be able to give visitors an immediate response to questions such as: What time is the live retail conference? Where can I get something to eat? Which exhibitors are in the logistics area? To use it, visitors just need to go to the show’s Facebook page and start a conversation.
Business at the heart of the show
Paris Retail Week is a unique opportunity for exhibitors and visitors to meet. This year Business Meetings, Speed Networking as well as recruitment sessions will be organised.
- The Business Meetings favour exchanges between exhibitors and visitors to find concrete solutions for business. A match-making platform informs the visitors beforehand of relevant contacts among the exhibitors at Paris Retail Week.
- Inspired by the speed dating model, the Speed Networking sessions are 5-minute meetings, bringing together exhibitors and visitors in a relaxed setting.
- Two Job Dating areas, in partnership with AZERTY Jobs by Maddyness and the digital recruitment agency Blue Search, will be publishing exhibitors’ job offers. They will also be organising meetings between the sectors currently recruiting and visitors in a convivial setting. Several times a day, recruiters will have a chance to talk with candidates.
Another highlight of the three days, the Paris Retail Awards ceremony will reward the best innovations in the field of retail. These awards will enable service providers and suppliers to raise their profile, reward the efforts of their teams, initiate new contracts or raise funds.
Awards ceremony– Tuesday 19 September – 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm – Plenary room
3 days to train in the latest technologies and innovations
Once again, Paris Retail Week is organising free training programmes open to all visitors through MasterClasses, Academies and Solutions Workshops.
- The Twitter and Facebook Academies give the floor to two Social Network giants. Both sessions represent a fantastic opportunity for visitors to learn from the masters.
– Facebook and digital retail, people-centred omnichannel marketing – Thursday 21 September – 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Plenary room
– #Twitter4Retail – Wednesday 20 September – 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm – Plenary room
- The Solutions Workshops are short presentations (45 min) in which visitors can discover the best products and services on the market, as deciphered by exhibitors. Discover the 2017 themes here.
This packed programme of conferences, keynote sessions, training and business opportunities is what makes Paris Retail Week Europe’s leading retail event.
Media accreditations: https://en.parisretailweek.com/
IN A NUTSHELL
The COMEXPOSIUM Group, one of the world leaders in event organisation, is involved in more than 170 BtoC and BtoB events, covering 11 different sectors of activity such as food, agriculture, fashion, security, construction, high-tech, optics and transport. Comexposium hosts 45,000 exhibitors and more than 3 million visitors in 26 countries around the world. Comexposium is expanding globally with a presence in some thirty countries: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Other POS News:
- REVTECH To Host Semiannual “Tech Trends in Retail” on Sept. 6 in Dallas
- Aptos Bolsters Executive Leadership Team With Addition of Retail Veteran Steve Aulds
- Xing Bian Li, China’s Leading Retail Concept Company Raises 15 million USD Angel Investment
- PUMA Europe Selects Customer Engagement Platform by Mapp Digital
- Speedy Checkout Line & FutureProof Retail Announce Partnership Bringing Line Free Checkout
- Mobile Payments Rise in Popularity, Reaching Tipping Point in Some Countries
- Trax Partners with Acosta to Increase U.S. Footprint and Enhance Shelf Digitization