Paymentwall opens Japanese digital market to international businesses
Paymentwall includes Konbini, PayEasy, and BitCash to the list of supported payment methods in Japan alongside JCB, Visa, MasterCard, SoftBank, WebMoney JP, and MINT.
TOKYO, JAPAN – February 23, 2016 — Paymentwall has recently integrated with Konbini (コンビニ), local convenience stores in Japan, PayEasy bank transfer, and BitCash prepaid card, connecting international businesses to the Japanese market. Payments processing in Japanese Yen (JPY) improves user conversion rate and makes it more convenient for them to pay.
Paymentwall already has local presence in Japan, allowing international businesses to accept online payments made with JCB, the main credit card brand in Japan, along with Visa and MasterCard, WebMoney JP and MINT prepaid cards, and SoftBank mobile payments made via Mobiamo.
“More payment methods in the world’s fourth largest e-commerce market means more ways for international businesses to monetize users in Japan,” said Irina Agieieva, payment systems project manager of Paymentwall. “This ultimately means more revenues for businesses who choose to integrate Paymentwall.”
Furikomi (振り込み), bank transfers in Japan, are the third most preferred payment method in the region, only next to credit cards and cash-based payments. The latest integration with PayEasy bank transfer will allow customers to pay using their online bank, ATM, or through post office branches.
For those who have no bank accounts, there is also a cash-based payment method where users can order online and pay at convenience stores (Konbini) for digital goods and services. Konbini is the second most popular payment method in the region with over 55,000 convenience stores, throughout the country as of 2015, including 7-Eleven, Lawson, and FamilyMart branches.
Aside from cash-based payments made in Konbini stores, users in Japan can also choose prepaid card payments with BitCash, WebMoney JP, and MINT. Prepaid cards can be bought online or in convenience stores all over Japan.
Paymentwall Inc. is the leading global payment and content distribution platform for a wide range of digital goods and online services. Paymentwall partnered with over 130 payment option providers worldwide to offer global payments coverage for users in more than 200 countries and territories with credit and debit cards, mobile payments, e-wallets, bank transfers and prepaid cards. Paymentwall is headquartered in San Francisco, USA with 10 more offices around the globe. Read more: http://blog.paymentwall.com/press/pressreleases/paymentwall-opens-japanese-digital-market-to-international-businesses/
More Articles …
- Retail Leaders Forum in Sydney, Australia #RLForum
- CloudPay Solution to Offer Tokens for Issuer Wallets #MWC16
- Managing and Securing Mobile Devices across Multiple Form Factors at #mwc16
- oti Receives Approval to Support Payment Processing Across EU for Vending and Kiosks
- PayPal Announce NFC Upgrade, Mobile Wallet Partnership with Vodafone
- CU Wallet to Deliver Digital Wallet Service for Credit Unions
- Digital Commerce Startup Winner Presenting At Multi-Channel Event
- HotSchedules and Cooper-Atkins Bring the ‘Internet of Things’ to Restaurants
- Coin Launches Program To Accelerate Payments in Wearables
- MasterCard and WISeKey to Bring Payments to Luxury Brand Watches and Wearables
- Heartland, Smart Card Alliance Collaborate to Improve Payments and Data Security
- Chainway Is Attending 2016 IoT and Smart China
- Interana to Speak at GrowthHackers Conference and eTail West 2016
- Unbanked and Underbanked Consumers in the U.S., 4th Edition