PayPal Expands One Touch to 143 markets; 18M consumers opt-in
After being released just 10 months ago, PayPal is processing millions of One Touch transactions every day. We are happy to share today the amazing rate at which consumers are embracing One Touch. 18 million consumers have now opted-in globally, 20% of them in the last month alone, to ensure quick and secure check out experiences with merchants online and on mobile devices.
One Touch™ with PayPal is one of the most rapidly adopted products PayPal has ever launched. Unlike other checkout tools that can require a login and password, once a customer opts in, One Touch authenticates customers seamlessly in the background on their chosen devices.
Since the beginning of the year, we’re truly extending One Touch around the world – expanding to an additional 120 markets to make it available in 143 markets (up from 23 at the end of 2015). With these additions, new markets were added across Asia, Europe and Central America.
This remarkable global expansion is due in part to our new, re-architected platform that has provided us the ability to not only change what we offer, but also has allowed us to roll out innovation on a global scale. For this global expansion, we were able to turn on 100 markets in a single day.
Today, more than 50 percent of the Internet Retailer 500 in the US and more than a million merchants around the world — from Bed Bath & Beyond to Sur La Table — have One Touch enabled to make it easier for their customers to quickly and securely check out. For eligible merchants, One Touch is automatically enabled and has also been proven to decrease shopping cart abandonment and increase conversion and engagement rates.
Merchants can learn more about One Touch here. Consumers must have a PayPal account to checkout with One Touch. They can sign up for a PayPal account here and learn more about One Touch at PayPal.com/OneTouch.
More news from the world of Point-of-sale:
- Nick Clarkson Joins Creditcall in New Role as Head of Developer Relations
- Multinational Food Retailer DIA Adds Anti-Theft Technology
- 200 Store chain in UK Chooses new Point of sale provider
- Spendgo’s Loyalty Program Delivers Results for Dickey’s BBQ Chain
- White Castle Gives Its Mobile App A Crave-Worthy Makeover
- Verifi To Sponsor Platinum Party Merchant Risk Council #MRCVegas16
- Rakuten Marketing Makes Foray Into Social Advertising With Acquisition
- First Open Cardless Cash Network Goes Live in Four U.S. Cities
- Y Combinator Startup Ups Funding to $750K With Text Marketing For Retailers
- JetPay Corporation Announces CollectorSolutions Merger
- Catalina Gives Weekly Retail Advertising Circulars Omnichannel Personalization
- Safe Cash Speeds up Blockchain to 25,000 Transactions per Second