Penetration of POS Terminals To Grow 4.2% in 2017 in Latin/South America – IHL Group
The installed base of POS terminals in Latin/South America grew at a healthy 5.4% in 2016 and is expected to grow 4.2% in 2017 as more retailers deploy POS terminals for the first time in the region and retailers continue to modernize according to the new Latin/South America POS Terminal Study from IHL Group.
According to the research, shipment growth has been more challenging in the region as larger international retailers pulled back on expansion in the region in 2016, but pockets of strong growth remain in Mass Merchandise, Specialty and Convenience/Gas retailing.
“The slowdown in the economies of Brazil and Mexico in particular have slowed overall shipment growth as those are the two largest markets in the region,” said Lee Holman, Vice President of Product Development at IHL Group. “Venezuela in particular is really struggling as a country and economy where inflation is out of control and thus technology investment is extremely difficult.”
The 2017 Latin/South America POS Terminal Study focuses on the Retail POS market for 8 retail and hospitality segments in the Latin/South America region for 2016-2021. It includes shipment, installed base and trends analyses of POS devices by country. The countries included with shipment details are Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela and Other Latin/South America. The report is designed for use by POS Hardware and Software Providers, Maintenance Providers, Printer Manufacturers, EFT device vendors, Retailers and others who might have a vested interest in the North American Point-of-Sale Market.
- Instant Payments Framework (IPF) connects to The Clearing House for US Real-Time Payments
- IBM Watson-powered QIHAN Sanbot Brings Retail AI to Life at IBM Forum 2017
- Unata Launches 3rd Party Partner Hub to Provide Grocers with Best of Breed Solutions
- NCC Announces the New RHQ Mobile Application
- AccuStore Consolidates Survey Data Reporting in New Release
- Toshiba Wins Gold Stevie for LEAD 2016 Conference
- Gunnebo to Showcase Full Suite of Intelligent Cash Deposit Solutions at M-PACT 2017