Raise Launches New Mobile Wallet App
CHICAGO, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Raise, leading retail technology partner and marketplace for gift cards, today announced the launch of its new app for iOS and Android mobile devices. This addition to Raise’s technology suite illustrates the company’s initiative in building the most advanced mobile payment experience for retailers and consumers.
With more than 300 retail partners and 3,000 brands available on the marketplace, Raise allows consumers to buy discounted digital gift cards instantly to redeem in-store or online. As payments shift to become increasingly digital, Raise is primed to become the largest player using pre-paid technologies to help people save. This mobile wallet app provides a simple way to pay, helping Raise’s nearly 2 million consumers who use the platform to save more money than ever before.
“Raise is altering the way consumers pay for everyday purchases and transforming payments in a way never before seen,” said George Bousis, founder and CEO. “Raise has helped millions of consumers save and the addition of our new mobile app allows for a seamless experience for both retailers and consumers, making it the easiest and the most valuable mobile wallet.”
The new mobile wallet makes digital gift cards easy to use both in-store and online for every purchase, every day. This ultimately allows brands to interact with and create more relationships with millions of consumers. Raise is bringing these relationships closer to retailers, helping brands continue to serve their best customers, while attracting new ones.
Innovative features on Raise’s mobile app include:
- State-of-the-art location technology. Raise’s mobile wallet includes new push notifications for “suggestions nearby.” This new technology provides consumers with the ability to know which cards stored in their Raise wallet can be spent at stores and restaurants in close proximity.
- Redesigned cart and optimized checkout. Raise’s new mobile wallet includes a modernized cart for faster and easier purchases, including three-tap checkout with passcode confirmation, now supporting credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay on compatible devices. This optimized checkout experience features improved promo code integration and better use of data already stored in Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Improved user interface. Raise’s mobile wallet implements the highest-rated user interface of Raise-acquired mobile app Slide for streamlined access to gift cards. This interface includes an improved experience for loading gift cards consumers already have.
- Easier and faster access to gift cards. Raise’s mobile wallet has expanded to include easier and faster access to gift cards bought on Raise, along with other marketplaces, for an enhanced redemption experience. This includes straightforward redemption methods with expanded support for more types of POS systems, better balance tracking and card management capabilities.
- Ability to reserve gift cards. Raise’s mobile wallet app permits consumers to “reserve” a gift card in their cart for up to five minutes, in order to stop other buyers from taking the card, and assuring consumers that their desired purchase is theirs.
This best-in-class mobile wallet serves as the catalyst for Raise’s entirely new focus — transforming how consumers buy products in-store and online through gift cards. Raise’s launch of the new app is the first step in many changes as the company moves to be mobile-first. Raise is dedicated to transforming its organization to become a leader in mobile payments.
To learn more, please visit https://www.raise.com/.
Raise, the largest marketplace for gift cards, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards from more than 3,000 brands or sell their unwanted gift cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with more than 300 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers. Since the marketplace launched in 2013, Raise has saved consumers more than $125 million and has received $87.2 million in funding from Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Association. Raise is available on both iOS and Android or visit www.raise.com.
Other POS News:
- Raise Launches New Mobile Wallet App
- Top Five U.S. Bank Contracts For Intellicheck’s Retail ID Product Suite
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Honors Military Members
- Toshiba Booth at NRF Retail Big Show 2017 Wins Platinum Hermes Creative Award
- Cayan Announces Partnership with Hospitality POS Pioneer Squirrel Systems
- 2016 Top Smart Payment Card Shipment Figures Released by Smart Payment Association
- AEVI and Tanda Partner to Simplify Workforce Management for Business Owners