Red Carpet, Tech Lab and Chinese Ecommerce Among New Features at 2017 Shop.org Conference
WASHINGTON, September 25, 2017 – New features and events ranging from a tech lab to sessions on ecommerce in China will be in store as more than 2,500 digital retailers gather in Los Angles this week to hear from some of the brightest and most innovative players in the industry at the National Retail Federation’s annual Shop.org conference.
“We’ve worked diligently to cultivate an event lineup that reflects the spirit of innovation and reinvention the digital retail industry is experiencing,” NRF Senior Vice President for Conferences Susan Newman said. “We know attendees look forward to Shop.org not only to learn and network but to find inspiration and have fun. Our carefully crafted and interactive programming caters to these needs.”
The agenda at the conference, being held today through Wednesday, includes more than 165 speakers including 20 keynote speakers, 11 feature stage speakers and 25 breakout sessions covering topics such as cross-border ecommerce, the customer experience, and cutting-edge digital, mobile, marketing and omnichannel retail.
New features and programming at this year’s conference includes:
- Tech Lab: Sponsored by Visa, the Tech Lab is a showcase that will allow attendees to experience firsthand how the technologies of the future will reinvent the way retailers connect with, market to and serve customers. The 25 startups that will be part of Tech Lab represent the entire purchase experience including product development, shopper consideration, customer engagement, purchase and post-purchase experience. The lab offers visitors the chance to speak directly with startup founders about how their technologies. Participating startups will demonstrate technologies such as augmented reality, artificial intelligence, 3D body mapping and more.
- Retail Innovation Lounge: The Retail Innovation Lounge is a “lounge and learn” experience where retail innovators and disruptors can connect in a relaxed manner to explore convergent commerce with new solutions, concepts and conversations. Topics include retail, branding, technology, marketing, media and entertainment revolving around the mission of moving retail into the future.
- Growing Digital Commerce in China: In partnership with the Global Ecommerce Leaders Forum, this half-day executive program on Monday offers numerous sessions on how retailers and global brands can get into the fastest-growing market in the world – China. By sharing insights and lessons learned, the GELF and Shop.org communities will collectively chart a course forward in one of the most complex ecommerce markets in the world.
- Retailer Networking: In addition to the sessions happening at Shop.org, retailers will have the chance to participate in retailer-only programs that will help them connect with industry leaders and solution providers.
- Opening Reception: The opening reception Monday night at the Shrine Auditorium – a legendary Los Angles venue that has hosted everything from the Grammys to the Oscars – will feature a red carpet where retailers will be interviewed by and photographed with actress Melissa Rivers.
- Podcast Studio: Shop.org’s podcast studio will include multiple programs that discuss the latest trends in retail and technology. Retailers can watch as hosts record podcasts with retail visionaries, tech leaders and others.
Members of the news media and accredited retail analysts can register for the event onsite at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy.
More websites for Point-of-sale niches:
POS-Advice.com – a 100% focus on restaurant point of sale technology and trends. Offers insightful posts and resources.
POSforum.net – a support forum where users share information and answer tech questions for various restaurant POS products including Oracle/Micros and Aloha.
Restaurantsoftwarelist.com – A list of technology solutions for restaurants and hospitality. Find developers, manufacturers, resellers and processors.
Digital POS Magazine – 28-32 pages about Point-of-sale – Approx 8x a year. Each issue varies in focus for assorted trends or major industry shows.
BarCode.com – Great content on bar codes, bar code printing, labels, bar code supplies, RFID, IoT, UPC codes, QR codes and much more. Over 3,000 articles and completely free. Includes a free barcode label making tool and where to buy a bar code for your products.
Other POS News:
- Shopgate Enhances Push Notification Engine Based on Customer Behavior
- Hospitality Software Market To Grow To $21.6b by 2021 – IHL Group
- GroupBy Secures Patent for Augmenting Search Engines for eCommerce Information Retrieval
- Denver Based Package Delivery Startup DropSpot Expands to San Francisco and Chicago
- Mastercard And Swarovski Launch Virtual Reality Shopping Experience
- Central African Mobile Operator Launches Evolving Systems’ Customer Acquisition Solution
- FIME to Deliver Cartes Bancaires Personalization Services