REVTECH To Host Semiannual “Tech Trends in Retail” on Sept. 6 in Dallas
DALLAS – Sept. 5, 2017 – REVTECH, a Dallas-based seed fund and venture accelerator focused on early-stage retail startups, will host its semiannual “Tech Trends in Retail” event on Sept. 6 at the Addison Conference Centre. The afternoon event will be filled with insights from retail industry experts, and attendees will have the opportunity to network with retail thought leaders and the REVTECH network of mentors and participants.
“We’re excited to feature a number of our REVTECH mentors at this event,” said David Matthews, managing director, REVTECH. “Steve Dennis is a REVTECH mentor and one of the retail industry’s most sought-after and insightful thought leaders. The case study from Neiman Marcus Last Call will focus on the retailer’s rollout of voice technology from Theatro, where our mentor Chris Todd is president and CEO. As usual, we’ll have some phenomenal startup pitches as well.”
Keynote speaker Steve Dennis, president of SageBerry Consulting and former VP of strategy for Neiman Marcus. is a strategic advisor and thought-leader on retail innovation, marketing and growth strategy. He has served as the chief strategy officer and led the development of omni/multichannel integration efforts as a member of the executive committee of two Fortune 500 retailers. He was recently named one of retail’s top 20 influencers and is a retail contributor for Forbes.
Voice technology is one of the hottest topics in retail today and will be in the spotlight at Tech Trends. Kathy Chassie, regional director of stores at Neiman Marcus Group. Kathy will present a case study on the retailer’s rollout of Theatro’s intelligent voice assistant to empower store associates and improve the customer experience.
Pitching companies Include:
- REVTECH Class of 2017:
- Accel Robotics, San Diego, CA – Accel Robotics is a team of PhDs in neuroscience/robotics and product innovators building autonomous service robots to improve customer experiences. Their first product, Omnio, is an AI-enabled shopping assistant.
- Birdzi, Iselin, NJ – Birdzi is a provider of a unique personalization platform for retailers and brands to connect to the right shoppers and the right time and place, enabling a seamless, personal and smart shopping experience.
- Bottlefly, San Luis Obispo, CA – Bottlefly created a patent-pending method for tracking consumer preferences in sensory-based products. The technology is powered by flavor chemistry, machine learning, and a comprehensive dual-taste preference system for incredibly accurate recommendations.
- Spotcart, New York, NY – Spotcart™ is an AI-powered product-ensemble recommendation engine that helps women and men shop their entire wardrobe. It drives incremental sales by leveraging machine learning, conversational commerce and rich user interfaces of Augmented Reality.
- Friends of REVTECH:
- brick & mortr, Dallas, TX – brick&mortr provides users a curated mobile shopping platform, allowing them access to all their favorite local retailers. The user can seamlessly search through the total inventory of our partnered retailers, cutting down on time spent shopping.
- Freeing Returns, Atlanta, GA – Freeing Returns is a returns platform which empowers retailers to recoup fraud dollars while growing customer and brand loyalty. Freeing Returns was created by a team with extensive point of sale experience and deep industry relationships in retail and retail Technology. Freeing Returns – mobile returns, less fraud!
- dearduck, Austin, TX – A lens into the reciprocal exchanges between customers and their networks, dearduck matches a retailer’s inventory to discrete consumer preferences to deliver timely, shoppable, hyper-personalized recommendations to and for a consumer’s networks for birthdays, holidays, new arrivals and just because.
Important event details
- What: Tech Trends in Retail will showcase innovation in the retail industry from multiple perspectives and will including a keynote presentation from Steve Dennis, a case study featuring Neiman Marcus Last Call and Theatro, pitches from REVTECH’s 2017 cohort, and other retail start-ups.
- When: Sept. 6, 2017, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Addison Conference Centre
- 15650 Addison Rd Addison, Texas 75001
- RSVP: Click here to RSVP.
Complete event details are available here.
REVTECH (Retail Technology Ventures) is a Dallas-based venture accelerator and seed fund that works with the best retail, restaurant, and hospitality technology startups across the globe to accelerate their growth. We do this by attracting, mentoring, and connecting experienced entrepreneurs with viable products to talent, customers, and investors.
Our intensive Accelerator Program provides seed funding access to over 100 experienced mentors with backgrounds in Restaurant, Retail, VC, and Entrepreneurship. We recently opened up new office space at the Walnut Glen Tower, just a mile away from Dallas’ retail powerhouse North Park Mall. Our 3-day Graduate Program provides recent accelerator or incubator graduates the opportunity to take part in a variety of networking events, learning opportunities, and the ability to make several strategic connections through the REVTECH network. Participants in the Graduate Program also receive a spot at our Spring and/or Fall Tech Trends event. For more information, visit www.revtechaccelerator.com.
Other POS News:
- Aptos Bolsters Executive Leadership Team With Addition of Retail Veteran Steve Aulds
- Xing Bian Li, China’s Leading Retail Concept Company Raises 15 million USD Angel Investment
- PUMA Europe Selects Customer Engagement Platform by Mapp Digital
- Speedy Checkout Line & FutureProof Retail Announce Partnership Bringing Line Free Checkout
- Mobile Payments Rise in Popularity, Reaching Tipping Point in Some Countries
- Trax Partners with Acosta to Increase U.S. Footprint and Enhance Shelf Digitization
- Verizon Investigation Finds PCI Compliance And Cybersecurity Still Lacking