REVTECH To Host “Tech Trends in Grocery” on Aug. 24 in Dallas
DALLAS – Aug. 16, 2017 – REVTECH, a Dallas-based seed fund and venture accelerator focused on early-stage retail startups, today announced its inaugural “Tech Trends in Grocery” event, scheduled for Aug. 24 in Dallas. The one-day event will be filled with insights from grocery industry experts, and attendees will have the opportunity to network with grocery and retail thought leaders and the REVTECH network of mentors and participants.
“Grocery is the hottest topic in retail industry today,” said David Matthews, managing director, REVTECH. “Amazon’s bold acquisition of Whole Foods, combined with Lidl’s entry into the U.S. market and Aldi’s aggressive expansion, make this an exciting time in grocery retailing. The pace of technology innovation in grocery is unprecedented, and this event will provide an inside perspective of what to expect next.”
Keynote speakers include:
- Bill Tolany, GM for Amazon Prime Now in Texas. Tolany’s current role, combined with his past experience as Sr. Director of Marketing for Whole Foods Market, gives him unique insights into the opportunities and challenges in grocery retailing.
- Gary Hawkins, Founder and CEO of CART (Center for Advancing Retail & Technology). CART reviews thousands of new grocery and retail technology solutions each year, providing Hawkins an unparalleled view into current and future innovation in fast-moving consumer goods. In addition, Hawkins has more than 30 years of industry experience leading shopper-focused innovation across grocery, retail and CPG organizations.
- Zac Porter, Co-owner of Royal Blue Grocery, Highland Park Village. Porter will share insights about Royal Blue Grocery, a compact, urban market that’s small in size, but offers a bit of everything: freshly prepared foods, gourmet goods, conventional groceries, catering, and a coffee and wine bar.
Important event details
- What: Tech Trends in Grocery will showcase innovation in the grocery industry from multiple perspectives and will include panel discussions with grocery CMOs and CIOs as well as marketing and technology case studies.
- When: Aug. 24, 2017, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: Walnut Glen Tower Conference Center, 8144 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
- RSVP: Click here to RSVP. We anticipate a sellout, so register early to ensure a seat.
Complete event details are available here.
REVTECH (Retail Technology Ventures) is a Dallas-based venture accelerator and seed fund that works with the best retail, restaurant, and hospitality technology startups across the globe to accelerate their growth. We do this by attracting, mentoring, and connecting experienced entrepreneurs with viable products to talent, customers, and investors.
Our intensive Accelerator Program provides seed funding, access to over 100 experienced mentors with backgrounds in Restaurant, Retail, VC, and Entrepreneurship. The program culminates with the opportunity to pitch at our Fall Tech Trends event. Our 3-day Graduate Program provides recent accelerator or incubator graduates the opportunity to take part in a variety of networking events, learning opportunities, and the ability to make strategic connections through the REVTECH network. Participants in the Graduate Program also receive a spot at our Spring and/or Fall Tech Trends event. For more information, visit www.revtechaccelerator.com.
Other POS News:
- AccuStore Scorecards Up For CSP Retailer Choice Best New Product
- DNP Showcases Photo Printing Solutions for Retail Industry at NACDS Total Store Expo 2017
- APG Cash Drawer Invests in New Automation Technology at its European plant
- Amazon Prime Day 2017: The Inside Story on Consumer Sentiment
- PurCotton Teams with Oracle Retail to Support Aggressive Annual Growth
- 7 AI-Powered Virtual Agent Now Available for both Speech and Digital Channels
- No need to wait in line!