Roche Bros. Selects Unata for Enhanced eCommerce and Omni-Channel Shopping Experience
WELLESLEY, MA & TORONTO, ON – May 9, 2016 – Roche Bros., the Massachusetts-based family owned grocer, and Unata, the award-winning provider of 1-to-1 digital solutions for grocers, announced today that Roche Bros. selected Unata to build an enhanced eCommerce and omni-channel shopping experience. The new eCommerce platform will be available at 18 of their Roche Bros. and Sudbury Farms stores, with a home delivery option at 17 locations and a curbside pickup option at five locations.
Roche Bros. selected Unata due to their award-winning interface design, omni-channel expertise and ability to power 1-to-1 personalized experiences across all eCommerce elements. Roche Bros. pride themselves on family tradition, quality foods and great customer service, and they believe Unata is the right partner to streamline their digital experience so that it is easier for their customers to plan and shop in any way that they want to.
Unata’s proprietary machine-learning recommendation engine and personalized search technology, which was built by former MIT research fellow and now Unata’s VP of Engineering Diego Maniloff, will be at the heart of the new Roche Bros. eCommerce experience. With the platform’s ability to continuously learn about each shopper’s individual purchasing behaviours over time, Roche Bros. will provide a completely 1-to-1 personalized shopping experience to their customers, including:
- 1-to-1 Personalized Homepage: The homepage will be 1-to-1 personalized for each shopper, listing the most relevant products and specials based on their purchase history.
- 1-to-1 Product Recommendations: Shoppers will be presented with 1-to-1 product recommendations across the online shopping experience, including related items to their current Shopping Cart. 1-to-1
- Product Catalogue: Each shopper will see a personalized version of the product catalogue, with the most relevant items for the shopper provided in each department. 1-to-1
- Sales Notifications: Shoppers will receive personalized notifications about sales and offers on products they have purchased before and on related products that they might like.
In addition to creating a more personalized customer experience, Unata’s platform includes:
- Shop by Attribute: Shoppers can organize and browse products based on attributes such as organic, on-sale, local, gluten-free and more.
- Complex Promotion Support: Shoppers can access all in-store specials, including complex promotions, within the eCommerce experience.
- Order Management: Roche Bros. staff can manage online orders through their new Unata-powered dashboard.
- Content Targeting: Roche Bros. staff can target and manage promoted content to their shoppers.
“Alongside Unata’s market leading platform capabilities, we have selected Unata because of their ability to become our long-term digital partner,” said Geoff Farringdon, Senior eCommerce Manager at Roche Bros. “We’re committed to building the best digital customer experience possible and believe Unata is the right partner to help us do that due to their deep category and digital expertise, long-term vision, collaborative working style and agile software development approach.”
“We’re thrilled to announce our partnership with Roche Bros., a long-standing, family-owned grocer dedicated to the customer experience,” said Chris Bryson, Unata CEO. “We know the new experience will not only help them deliver on their promise of customer service, but also provide a 1-to-1 shopper experience that will put them miles ahead of their competitors.”
About Roche Bros.
Roche Bros. is a family business, employing more than 4,800 associates in its 21 Roche Bros., Sudbury Farms and Brothers Marketplace grocery stores. Headquartered in Wellesley, Mass., Roche Bros. offers the highest quality meat, seafood and produce, favorite food brands, full-service catering, and home delivery. Second generation owners Rick and Ed Roche carry on the family tradition, operating Roche Bros. with a passion for great food and great customer service. For more information, visit www.rochebros.com.
Unata powers the future of grocery shopping by interconnecting all digital retail touchpoints and delivering personalized, seamless and intuitive customer experiences across the path to purchase. Unata enables 1-to-1 eCommerce, eCircular and eLoyalty through its cloud-based, machine learning personalization engine. The award-winning platform is designed specifically for the grocery industry, supports delivery and click-and-collect, and has lead Unata to rapidly expand as the leading 1-to-1 omni-commerce solutions provider for grocery retailers.
Unata currently works with leading regional grocers throughout Canada and the U.S. like Longo’s, Grocery Gateway, Lowes Foods, Raley’s and more. To learn more, visit www.unata.com or follow Unata on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Women in Retail Cocktail Reception to be Held at Shoptalk
- Saks Fifth Avenue to Accept MasterPass
- The ALDO Group Inc. Selects B2B eCommerce to Support Franchise and Retail Stores
- JetPay Announces Diane (Vogt) Faro as Chief Executive Officer
- Cayan Releases Data Showing EMV Doesn’t Have to Slow Down the Customer Experience
- Card-Not-Present Fraud Losses to Exceed $7 Billion by 2020