Scala to Debut Latest Digital Experience Solutions at Digital Signage Expo
MALVERN, Pa., March 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Scala, Inc., the leading global provider of digital retail experiences and a member of the STRATACACHE family of complementary digital solutions companies, announced today it will showcase a full line-up of its leading-edge digital experiences at the 2017 Digital Signage Expo (DSE) in booth #1218.
On the heels of joining the STRATACACHE family, Scala has combined its heritage in selecting and configuring robust hardware with STRATACACHE’s logistics ability to launch its own integrated hardware solutions. This is the first time Scala’s new line of Windows- and Linux-based media players and commercial tablet products will be shown in North America. An extension of the company’s leading digital signage solutions, the Scala-branded players are powerful, secure and address the current market climate of competitive pricing and ever-improved deployment on a global scale.
The Scala booth at DSE, which is being held March 29-30 in Las Vegas, will feature a mix of solutions from the STRATACACHE family that create optimized customer experiences by bringing elements of online shopping into the retail store. Highlights include:
- Connected Café – A Scala booth favorite! Self-ordering kiosks featuring point-of-sale integration create a fun way for customers to place their order while boosting sales and order accuracy, and reducing wait times. By integrating a payment solution, Scala has completed the experience.
- Interactive Fitting Room – RFID tags detect when an item enters, moves or leaves an area of the store. When shoppers enter the fitting room, a touchscreen shows detailed information and compelling images of the apparel. The shopper can then use the display to learn more about the apparel, request assistance or even complete the sale. No more lost sales due to out of stock items; shops can now secure their sale by offering home shipments to the consumer.
- Lift & Learn – This interactive solution – featuring high-performance Razer gaming mice – entices shoppers to interact lift and compare products and its features. The solution also entails extensive data analysis on consumer interaction with the solution and product comparison data.
- Informational Podium – Available for valet parking, host stands and lecterns, the informational podium – created by the newest company in the STRATACACHE family, Real Digital Media – extends visual communications to the curb and drives messages designed to entice, inform or engage visiting patrons or casual shoppers looking to enter a venue.
- Outdoor Digital Menu Board – Designed to withstand all outdoor elements, this technology provides a best-in-class performance for drive-thru menu boards and other weather-exposed digital media applications.
- Instore Re-targeter – Combining Scala’s live dashboard with customer profile and purchase history, the Instore Re-targeter enables sales associates to update screens to be as relevant as possible to current shoppers.
In addition, Russell Young, SVP Sales & Business Development at STRATACACHE, will participate in a DSE panel session exploring the importance of the customer, not the technology, in creating successful digital signage networks and digital out-of-home executions. The session – Approaching Projects Driven by Customer Experience – will take place on March 28 at 1:15 p.m. PT.
With this announcement, Scala also welcomes Michael Arnett, STRATACACHE’s first hybrid hire, responsible for heightening sales efforts for both Scala and STRATACACHE in Canada. As managing director of Canada for both STRATACACHE and Scala, Michael will bring 20 years of experience leading sales and business development efforts with cutting edge technologies, having worked exclusively within the digital signage sector for more than 10 years.
“Michael brings a consultative approach and big picture mindset to the STRATACACHE family,” said Chris Riegel, CEO of STRATACACHE. “Coupling this with his deep experience in digital signage and impressive ability to connect with people, Michael will play a pivotal role in championing success for both STRATACACHE and Scala clients in Canada, and we look forward to the expertise he will lend to current and potential customers alike.”
STRATACACHE will also have digital experiences on display in Las Vegas next week at GlobalShop, taking place March 28-30 in booth #2063 where they will showcase a broad range of its leading digital experiences, including Scala’s Smart Mannequin. The mannequin is an example of how retailers can use devices such as sensors and touchscreens to engage customers and create an immersive shopping experience. When a shopper touches sensors embedded in the mannequin’s apparel, a nearby touchscreen instantly updates to highlight features of the specific area of the clothing selected. read more…
Other POS news:
- The Retail Industry Affected by Macroeconomic Variables
- Forrester Report Names QWASI Among Top Mobile Messaging Vendors
- Paradata Nears Completion of $10 Million Financing Round as SAP.iO Joins to Speed Delivery of
- Diebold Nixdorf Establishes Strategic Partnership With Datema Retail Expanding Its Mobile
- Internet of Things Enabling Customer Experience and Smart Retail but Cyber Security
- Survey: Acquirers Divided on How PCI Compliance Impacts Merchant Retention
- QikServe unveils kiosk ordering solution for hospitality sector
- Oracle Retail Merchandising Solutions Now Available Through Cloud
- Oracle Retail Study Reveals Consumer Attitudes on Disruptive Technologies
- 3 Key Trends Shaping the Future of Grocery Retailing