Scriptel Launches New Electronic Signature Pads
New Additions to ScripTouch Line of Backlit Signature Pads Combine Design and Functionality to Provide Enhanced Flexibility and Usability in Diverse Settings
COLUMBUS, OHIO – October 4, 2016 – Scriptel® Corporation (Scriptel), a long-time provider of electronic signature solutions and capacitive pen digitizing components, today announced the launch of the ScripTouch Slimline LCD ST1570 ProScript and ST1571 EasyScript electronic signature pads.
“The ScripTouch ST1570 and ST1571 are great additions to our ScripTouch product line because they combine some of the most popular features from our past products into one rugged and reliable piece of technology, at a reasonable price,” said Steve Sedaker, Director of Strategic Marketing at Scriptel Corporation. “Both signature pads are easily adaptable to almost every type of digital document management process or platform.”
Manufactured in the United States, the new additions to the ScripTouch electronic signature pad line feature an ergonomic low-cost design, USB connection, 1X5 Backlit LCD, tethered pen, StaticCap Tech, a 3 year warranty and overnight exchange program. Device specific features include:
- The ScripTouch Slimline LCD ST1570 ProScript electronic signature capture pad is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux and enables free signing in PDF, DOC, XLS formats and is TWAIN-compatible.
- The ScripTouch Slimline LCD ST1571 EasyScript features No Client Install with IE 10+, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and enables free signing in PDF, DOC, and XLS formats and is TWAIN-compatible.
The ScripTouch Slimline LCD ST1570 includes the ProScript interface, an application programming interface that allows developers to create rich and powerful applications that integrate the ScripTouch family of products. Using Two-Way Communication, this interface allows your application to instantly receive events from ProScript devices, providing you with the ability to display signatures and events in real time.
The ProScript API also allows you to control the content displayed on the device and gives users the ability to rearrange buttons, push graphics, and modify the display of the device to customize how the device functions for your workflow. Scriptel’s ProScript libraries include C++, Java, and .NET and support Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
The ScripTouch Slimline LCD ST1571 includes the EasyScript interface. EasyScript was built to enable a simple and convenient way to capture electronic signatures and magnetic card swipe data from a variety of web-based and traditional applications. The EasyScript interface communicates with the computer as if it were a keyboard, providing a simple and portable integration while eliminating the need for plugins, software or drivers like Java applets or ActiveX controls to be installed to run your application, as nearly all devices support USB keyboards.
The original EasyScript was developed to enable IT administrators and software developers to support USB electronic signature pad hardware in browser-based applications without needing additional drivers and installed “applets” that create potential security issues and trigger frequent updates.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Scriptel Corporation offers electronic signature capture pads and components based on its unique StaticCap™ capacitive pen digitizing technology together with software that integrates signature into cloud-based and locally-installed document workflow systems. After starting up more than 30 years ago as a specialist in digitizing and handwriting recognition technology, Scriptel has been focused on signature capture for the past 15 years with more than 3 million solutions deployed around the world. Our ScripTouch electronic signature pads and custom OEM components for the digital workflow and retail point-of-sale markets deliver high reliability with unrivalled support. Please visit us at scriptel.com.
Other POS news: (see the menu on the above left for POS resources, case studies, upcoming trade shows and more)
- Sterling Payment Technologies and Focus POS Announce EMV Solutions for Hospitality Industry
- POS Acquisition:RITE Acquires RTE’s Microsoft RMS Client Base
- Reaction Commerce Secures $2.7 Million Series Seed Financing Led by CrossCut Ventures
- Newest Version of Epicor Eagle Extends Cloud-First Focus for Independent Retailers
- BarShift Levels the Playing Field for Bar Owners For Promotions
- Epson to Make Impact at Fast Casual Executive Summit with Partner and Educational Session
- Governor Cuomo Announces New Payment Options for MTA eTIX
- Epson Adds Two MAXStick Media Solutions to List of Media- TM-L90 PLUS LFC Label Printers
- TOMRA Launches Reverse Vending Machine Program in Michigan