Shop.org Announces New Programming for Retail’s Digital Summit Taking Place this Week
WASHINGTON, September 26, 2016 – Today Shop.org announced new and enhanced special programs at this year’s Retail’s Digital Summit, to be held Monday, Sept. 26, through Wednesday, Sept. 28, in Dallas. More than 5,000 professionals will discover new ideas, get actionable takeaways and build strong relationships with the brightest and most innovative players in the digital retail world.
The Digital Summit agenda is packed with 30+ keynotes, breakout sessions and presentations on the EXPO stage — covering topics and themes like cross-border e-commerce, customer experience, cutting-edge digital, mobile, marketing and omnichannel retail.
“We strive to offer new and unique programming at Retail’s Digital Summit each year, and are proud to offer attendees valuable learning and networking opportunities,” NRF Vice President of Digital Retail Artemis Berry said.
Outside of sessions, attendees will learn about best practices and next-level innovations during newly added networking events, EXPO breaks and other enhanced special programs to drive attendee experience, including:
- Persona Meet-ups: There will be organized networking meet-ups for FOUR different personas at the show on the EXPO floor. These meet-ups are retail only and will allow attendees to connect with their peers that are responsible for specific functions including marketing, omnichannel and design/usability/experience.
- Analyst Breakfast: The Digital Summit will host its first Analyst Breakfast with Forrester Research. The event has secured speakers from Google, Facebook and Pinterest and expects 100 retailers to attend this new program created to enhance the education and networking value of the show.
- Women’s Luncheon: This lunch will bring together women working in the retail industry for exclusive content and networking at the show. Mindy Grossman will be the featured speaker at the luncheon.
- Jason & Scot E-commerce Show: This year two top e-commerce executives — Jason Goldberg and Scot Wingo — will record live podcasts at the Digital Summit from the NRF Clubhouse on the EXPO floor.
- Meet the Speaker: On the EXPO floor this year, attendees will have access to connect with a handful of our speakers at the show. This new program encourages networking at the show and making this large show feel personalized and all about the attendee experience. Meet the Speaker time slots are listed on the agenda and will take place in the NRF Clubhouse.
- Pre-party, Block party and the Great Prize Giveaway
- Post-session Chat Rooms: These intimate, free-form conversations are designed to go in depth on challenges, ideas and solutions right after our breakout sessions. Designed around peer learning, Chat Rooms are small group roundtables that actively encourage participation from each attendee. Chat rooms will be led by dozens of volunteer moderators and take place in the breakout session rooms.
Complimentary registration is available to editorial members of the news media as well as accredited retail analysts and bloggers. For more information, please visit the Digital Summit media registration page.
Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation, is the world’s leading community for digital retail, offering thought leadership through original research and gold standard events. The community is made up of exclusive networking groups and committees that lead the global conversation surrounding innovative e-commerce trends and digital retail.
NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, representing discount and department stores, home goods and specialty stores, Main Street merchants, grocers, wholesalers, chain restaurants and Internet retailers from the United States and more than 45 countries. Retail is the nation’s largest private sector employer, supporting one in four U.S. jobs — 42 million working Americans. Contributing $2.6 trillion to annual GDP, retail is a daily barometer for the nation’s economy. NRF’s This is Retail campaign highlights the industry’s opportunities for life-long careers, how retailers strengthen communities and the critical role that retail plays in driving innovation. nrf.com
Other Point of Sale blogs of interest:
- Digital Signage Engages Visitors at Crazy Horse Memorial
- Half Of Retailers Say Their Software Won’t Support Omni Channel
- Pei Wei Launches New App
- OmniChannel Specialist Receives Significant Growth Investment From Primus Capital
- One View Commerce Launches Digital Store Platform on THINK Marketing
- DeFacto Leads Turkish Retail Into Omni-channel With OrderDynamics Order Management System