Shopgate Enhances Push Notification Engine Based on Customer Behavior
AUSTIN, Texas – Sept. 25, 2017 – Shopgate, the leading SaaS shopping app platform, today announced the launch of its growing push notification engine with Automated Push Notifications designed to give retailers and merchants enhanced capabilities to further engage with their consumers and provide customized messages based on the actions users take within the app. It also enables Shopgate customers to stay top of mind with their consumers through a personalized push notification strategy. Shopgate will showcase the new feature in booth #319 at Shop.org 2017, September 25-27 in Los Angeles.
With mobile serving as consumers’ preferred channel, push notifications serve to amplify retailers’ customer retention strategy through increased traffic and click-through rates. For example, segmented push notifications have a click-through rate more than 5x higher than email, and apps that send push notifications have retention rates 7x higher than those that don’t.
“Push notifications not only simplify the mobile app experience but also require less effort on the part of the consumer to engage with a retailer or brand,” said Marc Biel, CEO, Shopgate. “With Shopgate’s new Automated Push Notifications, merchants and retailers can now further customize their messages to send relevant offers and updates to the right consumer 24/7.”
Shopgate’s new Automated Push Notifications adds an additional layer of customization to a merchant’s push notification strategy by allowing them to schedule a highly customized message based on their consumers’ behavior increasing the chance of purchase. With this feature, merchants are able to choose the period of time which works best to deliver the message to their consumers. Specific features include:
- Automated Push Notifications for Inactive Users. Merchants can set up push notifications for all users that have not been active in the app for a specified period of time. With this option, they can entice consumers back in by providing additional incentives such as a discount code.
- Automated Push Notifications for Abandoned Cart. This allows merchants to set up automated push notifications for all users that left their cart without completing the checkout process, with a default delivery time of 24 hours after app users abandoned the cart.
- Automated Push Notifications for Price Reduced. Merchants can set up push notifications that are sent when an item from customers’ favorites lists go on sale.
- Automated Push Notifications when an item is shipped. Merchants can set up push notifications that are sent when items from an order is shipped.
Shopgate’s Automated Push Notifications are compatible with several partners, including Magento, OpenCart, Shopify, Volusion and WooCommerce among others. For more information on the automated push notifications, visit https://www.shopgate.com/en/.
Founded in 2009, Shopgate offers services for online retailers to create, maintain and optimize apps and mobile websites. With e-commerce becoming more and more mobile, Shopgate saw an opportunity to respond to this shift. By seamlessly integrating with over 60 of the world’s most popular ecommerce platforms and mobile payment companies, Shopgate cultivates an environment in which online customers can shop anytime, anywhere. With offices in the U.S., Germany and Poland, Shopgate is backed by a team of devoted ecommerce professionals, accomplished founders and investors, who share a passion for innovation and mobile commerce, while maintaining a strong focus on customer satisfaction. Learn more at: https://www.shopgate.com/en
PointofSale.com, now in its 8th year, does not sell products or services and we rely on sponsors to keep the site up, so please let vendors know when you have seen them here.
Use the links on the left side menu above to find great products and services. For more info, contact us through the Footer menu below.
Other POS News:
- Hospitality Software Market To Grow To $21.6b by 2021 – IHL Group
- GroupBy Secures Patent for Augmenting Search Engines for eCommerce Information Retrieval
- Denver Based Package Delivery Startup DropSpot Expands to San Francisco and Chicago
- Mastercard And Swarovski Launch Virtual Reality Shopping Experience
- Central African Mobile Operator Launches Evolving Systems’ Customer Acquisition Solution
- FIME to Deliver Cartes Bancaires Personalization Services
- HPS’ PowerCARD Powers Up with nexo standards