ShopSavvy Provides Savings Information from Half a Million Retailers
(PRWEB) August 19, 2014
ShopSavvy, the world’s largest mobile shopping platform, today announced the release of a major update that gives consumers the ability to track sales from their favorite brands and stores all in one place. The ShopSavvy update includes sales information from over half a million retail partners, up from less than 40,000 last year.
“People don’t want to sort through emails from 10 or 20 different stores each month to track the products and brands that they are interested in. We don’t just aggregate deals on the store level but down the product SKU level to help users who check for sales and deals daily. We make it possible for consumers to get the information they want on just the items they want, with all the sales in one place,” said ShopSavvy CEO John Boyd.
ShopSavvy allows consumers to follow specific items or brands and find out when those products go on sale from any participating retailer.
“Let’s say that a shopper is interested in a new pair of jeans from just a few of their favorite brands. Using ShopSavvy to follow those brands or a particular SKU, the shopper can be notified when any store is having a sale, without having to check all the stores that sell those brands,” explained Boyd.
Perhaps the most powerful update in this summer’s release is the brand new product screen. This screen aggregates local and online prices, reviews videos, images from over 500,000 retailers well as tips and reviews from the ShopSavvy community.
New product screen features:
- See the up-to-the-second best price so users know exactly how much they’re saving
- Swipe left/right on products to see the previous/next products in the set you’re viewing. This enables comparison-shopping with ease and puts the very best deals just a swipe away (currently iOS only)
- More photos and videos for products than ever before, users can tap the large photo on any product to see them all full screen
- Users can read long-form reviews and ratings of products
- See recent activity
- Check out related recommended products
- Tips and reviews from the global ShopSavvy community in new global social feed (crowd sourced deals)
“ShopSavvy will remain the leading app for in store price savings, but we’ve also evolved into a complete and customized service for consumers to save time and money,” added Boyd.
Android users can download ShopSavvy on Google Play at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biggu.shopsavvy&hl=en.
iPhone users can download the mobile app through the iTunes App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopsavvy-barcode-scanner/id338828953.
ShopSavvy is the leading mobile shopping community, with more than 40 million downloads, millions of monthly active users and over 500,000 retail partners. ShopSavvy empowers smartphone users to quickly and seamlessly locate, research and buy products at the point of sale. When users scan a barcode or input a product name, they discover where the item is sold locally and online, where it’s in stock and at what price. ShopSavvy aggregates product data, deals, ratings and reviews from retailers, partners and its own users to provide the most comprehensive source of information and advice for mobile shoppers anywhere. For advertisers, ShopSavvy delivers hyper-relevant deals, promotions, warranty offers and other UPC/GPS-targeted content to consumers. For more information, visit http://shopsavvy.com.
- ^mobile shopping platform (www.prweb.net)
- ^https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biggu.shopsavvy&hl=en (www.prweb.net)
- ^https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopsavvy-barcode-scanner/id338828953 (www.prweb.net)
- ^http://shopsavvy.com (www.prweb.net)