SICOM Donates to BURGER KING Puerto Rico Relief Fund & McLAMORE Foundation
Doylestown, PA – October 12, 2017 – In support of the BURGER KING® brand’s continued hurricane relief efforts in the United States and Puerto Rico, SICOM announced today the donation of $25,000 to BURGER KING’s Puerto Rico relief fund and the BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation.
The donation, divided in half between the two relief funds, is for helping BURGER KING employees recovering from Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in the U.S. and Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. BURGER KING’s relief efforts in Puerto Rico are through Caribbean Restaurants Charities, Inc., which provides designated disaster relief funds to employees of Caribbean Restaurants, LLC, the exclusive BURGER KING franchise in Puerto Rico.
The BK℠ Family Fund, part of the BURGER KING McLAMORE Foundation, provides grants to BURGER KING employees facing unexpected hardship, such as natural disasters and medical emergencies. Since 2004, this fund has provided more than 1,000 families with $1.5 million in grants.
“We’re proud to contribute to BURGER KING’s work to help those affected by these hurricanes, which extends beyond BURGER KING employees to include their families and members of their local communities,” said Jim Flynn, CEO of SICOM. “We value our strong relationship with the BURGER KING brand and its dedication, like SICOM, to care for its employees.”
SICOM Systems, Inc. is a leading best-of-breed provider of end-to-end technologies and services for the quick service and fast casual restaurants. The company offers front-of-house solutions (i.e. Digital Menu Boards, Point-of-Sale (POS) and Order Confirmation Units); back-of-house solutions (Drive-Thru Director and Chef Kitchen Management); as well as above restaurant solutions (360° Data Analytics and SEMS4 Restaurant Management) that are helping major restaurant chains around the globe to streamline their operations. SICOM has over 40,000 digital menu boards, 8,000+ Drive-Thru Directors and 7,000+ CHEF Kitchen Management solutions in operation worldwide, while its POS systems are in more than 6,500 restaurants worldwide and it has more than 10,000 restaurants leveraging its enterprise management systems globally. Founded in 1987, SICOM is headquartered in Doylestown, Pa. and can be found online at www.SICOM.com.
PointofSale.com, now in its 8th year, does not sell products or services and we rely on sponsors to keep the site up. We are independently owned and operated. Please visit the POS software pages and POS hardware pages (see left side menu above) to find great POS products from various vendors. For more info, contact us through the Footer menu below.
Other POS News:
- 3CInteractive’s CIO Steve Murphy Honored As A Finalist In The 2017 Technology Awards
- Toshiba Promotes Ted LeBlanc to Vice President
- Netsurion &Vantiv Team for Live-video Webcast to Solve P2PE, EMV & PCI Cybersecurity Puzzle
- Hatch Loyalty Partners with SKUPOS to Bring Operations & Engagement Solutions to Retailers
- Revel Systems Partners with LoyaltyPlant to Deliver a Feature-Rich Mobile Loyalty Program
- Ahold USA Brands Launch Digital Innovations To Strengthen Customer Loyalty
- Givex Partners with Futura Retail Solutions AG in Continued Push to Revolutionize Retail
- New Kibo Study: 58% of Retailers Lack In-Store Technology to View Customer Information
- Mirakl Announces Availability of Marketplace Connection for Commerce on the SAP App Center
- Netsurion Announces Partnership with Member Services Organization VGM Client Rewards