SocioFabrica Announces Multiple Upgrades to Nicho Content Aggregation Platform
New Updates to Visual Marketing Platform Expands Brands’ Capabilities in Using UGC and Turning Selfies Into Sales
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – May 03, 2016) – SocioFabrica, the San Francisco-based global digital strategy and design firm, announces today significant upgrades to Nicho, its flagship visual marketing platform.
Helping brands, retailers and influencers aggregate user-generated content (UGC) from social media onto owned websites and galleries with just one line of code, Nicho now introduces three new updates:
- Plug-and-play for WordPress, Drupal and Joomla: Extending its “one line of code” philosophy, the new plug-in offers a turnkey solution to embed Nicho onto sites running these content management systems.
- Additional content sources for more robust media galleries: Widening brand marketers’ reach to source content, images and videos can now be added from public Facebook accounts, RSS feeds and via direct uploads. Nicho partners have always been able to pull content from Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr, among other social networks.
- Seamless integration for WYSIWG platforms: Nicho now lets brands activate their own Nicho Media Wall on industry-leading solutions like Squarespace quickly and easily, as well as through Facebook as a Facebook App.
“We introduced these upgrades in part based on feedback from our partners. We love seeing how Nicho is helping to create compelling interactions that connect our clients’ brands and their consumers in an organic and authentic way,” said Sylvia Vaquer, Co-Founder and Creative Director at SocioFabrica.
Nicho, which launched to client and editorial success last October — and delivered an average 7x increase in social engagement for charter clients — is a tool that aggregates images, videos and text from multiple social media channels for display on any web page or screen. E-commerce businesses can link any piece of content directly to product pages, turning a selfie into a potential sale.
By signing up at nicho.com, any retailer, brand or influencer can:
- use hashtags and handles to search and pull all relevant content
- directly upload content from inside the Nicho Portal or enable end-users to upload content directly from the Nicho Media Wall
- filter, curate and approve posts to appear publicly, while also getting user approval/rights
- add a “Buy Now” button to make any image instantly “shoppable”
- customize Nicho Media Wall design to match website aesthetics
- copy/paste the embed code into a website to instantly display the Nicho Media Wall (including onto a Squarespace site or Facebook page)
“The team has been working diligently to expand Nicho’s compatibility with popular web platforms and I am thrilled to announce these updates,” said Sina Eghrari, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer at SocioFabrica.
“In addition to our ‘one line of code’ option, customers using WordPress, Drupal or Joomla can now embed their Nicho Media Wall onto any page of their site with one click. Along with the additional content sources we’ve added, the reach and breadth of social content available makes our offering one of the most powerful in the business.”
As social media marketing becomes increasingly important for marketers, capturing UGC and tying content back to sales can significantly impact a company’s bottom line. A recent Ipsos MediaCT/Crowdtap study revealed that consumers trust UGC 59% more on average than information from other media sources (source: Ipsos MediaCT/Crowdtap Jan 2014).
To learn more about the power of UGC and how it impacts consumer purchase decisions, check out the attached Infographic, “From Selfies to Sales.”
Staying true to its specialty in building brands and businesses from the ground up, SocioFabrica is committed to helping brands understand social media and use it to capture sales. Nicho closes the loop when the customer journey ends on social platforms by driving customers to owned channels.
Nicho is a visual marketing platform that brings branded and user-generated content into one place, be it a website, in-store display or mobile application. Easily obtain rights to market with user posts, make content shoppable and improve engagement. For pricing and more information, visit nicho.com and follow @nichoapp on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SocioFabrica is a global digital strategy and design firm specializing in website redesign and product development. We work at the intersection of technology, design and marketing across lifestyle, retail and entertainment industries. Headquartered in San Francisco, our team of strategists, researchers, designers and technologists breathe life into brands. For more information, visit sociofabrica.com and follow @sociofabrica on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Other Point of Sale blogs that may interest you:
- Tyco Retail Solutions to Showcase Innovative Technology at #RFIDLive 2016
- RetailMeNot, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Reserve Now the Country’s Biggest Restaurant Reservations and Payment Network
- MMF Point-of-Sale Wheelchair Accessible Payment Terminal Mount Addresses ADA Concerns
- Liberty Computer Systems Certifies Three Epson Printers For Dry Cleaning Point of Sale
- pcCashdrawer At Toshiba Connect 2016