Square Launches New Point-of-Sale App at $60 per month per register
Square today announced it was launching a new paid app that would cost $60 per month, per station. The existing Square app will continue to be free.
” Today we’re introducing Square for Retail, a complete package of business tools built to work together seamlessly. The package includes Square Retail, a new point-of-sale app optimized specifically for retailers.
Square for Retail is built with the retail workflow in mind so you can focus on continuing to grow your business. It includes:
A new retail point-of-sale app, with a search-based interface for faster checkout and bar code scanning to quickly build a cart.
A smart customer directory that tracks sales by customer and automatically builds customer profiles and sorts them into groups based on sales habits.
A smarter way to manage inventory with advanced, real-time inventory management across all business locations, as well as purchase orders, vendor management, and cost of goods sold and margin reporting.
Built-in employee management tools for all your employees, which includes lockdown features and functionality by employee level, across all your employees and locations.
Last year, retail businesses were responsible for 20 percent of all payments volume processed through Square. We built Square for Retail and our Square Retail app based on feedback from retail businesses we work with…”
It looks like Square will go head to head with a variety of cloud-based Point of sale software packages, such as Revel, NCR Silver, Shopkeep, Vend , Clover and many others. We haven’t seen or tried the new app yet, so I can’t comment on its capabilities but we look forward to exploring that in the near future. Square has experimented with a broad variety of expansion ideas and not all have worked, but this seems close to its core nature so it’s worth a look.
Other POS news:
- Internet of Things (IoT) in Retail Market Worth $94.44 Grand View Research, Inc.
- Celerant Technology Announces the Launch of New Website
- POS Partners Opens New Office In San Francisco
- Punchh Adds El Pollo Loco, Smashburger and Veggie Grill to a Growing Roster of Customers
- Payments Innovator, Noventis, Reports Notable Growth
- Open Banking Mobile App to Demonstrate How Banks Can Dominate Digital Transactions Market
- USAePay Announces POS Portal as Vendor For MP Devices
- Founders Depart Revel Systems, More Money Invested
- Mastercard Introduces the Masterpass #ThankTheFans for the GRAMMY Awards®