Star Micronics’ cloudPRNT Innovations Expands Functionality
Somerset, NJ – March 1, 2018 – Star Micronics, a leading global manufacturer of mobile, point of sale (POS) and customer engagement technologies, has extended cloudPRNT functionality to support additional Star Cloud Services and configurations.
cloudPRNT now supports text-based receipts and Micro Receipt for AllReceipts with the following Star Micronics’ thermal printers: TSP650II, TSP700II, TSP800II. cloudPRNT also provides improved SSL support for WebPRNT with self -certification for Google Chrome version 58.
In addition, cloudPRNT Wi-Fi connectivity has been expanded with support for three new Wi-Fi dongles, including TP-LINK Archer T4-U Ver. 2, D-Link DWA-182 rev C1, and LINKSYS WUSB6300. Star Micronics has simplified the configuration settings with the added ability to configure the cloudPRNT URL via USB drive as well. Star Micronics has also added the ability to customize the network disconnect message when a network connection is lost — Simply configure via USB drive. Plus, with the new buzzer control function, an order will never be missed or overlooked.
“We are always looking for ways to increase our solutions’ features and further extend the value those solutions provide for our customers,” said Christophe Naasz, Director of Business Development. “With these cloudPRNT innovations, our customers will have added flexibility and functionality that will not only mean greater ROI from their investment, but also smoother workflows and the ability to offer enhanced customer experiences.”
About Star Micronics
Star Micronics, one of the world’s largest POS providers, has designated a portfolio of printing, secure cash management, and customer engagement solutions for any retail or hospitality establishment in POS and mPOS environments. Embracing the mobility wave, Star’s complementary SDKs allow users to utilize Star printers in tandem with Android™, iOS iPad®, and iPhone® devices to generate receipts for all of its printers. Always leading, and always innovating, Star Micronics enables web-based printing solutions including remote cloud printing, wireless cash drawer solutions, proximity-based printing, and secure cash management.
Other Point of Sale News
- Netsertive Launches First Scalable Brand-to-Local YouTube Advertising Solution
- Acquirers Struggling to Raise Merchant Compliance Rates
- ATMIA Launches New Industry Research Portal
- Top Trends in the Retail Industry to Be Aware of in 2018
- Switch, Inc. Launches “CardSavr,” First API to Place Credit Cards in Use Immediately
- Mobeewave Announces Global Partnership Agreement with Samsung
- CoinOut and Epson Announce Collaboration Following CoinOut’s Success on Shark Tank TV Show
- Greenlight Raises $16 Million Series A Financing and Announces New Strategic Partnerships
- Nexo Standards and FIS Sign Agreement for Test Solution
- NMI Agrees to Acquire Creditcall to Expand EMV and Omnichannel Capabilities