Survey Reveals 84 Percent of Sales and Marketing Teams Are Misaligned
CallidusCloud Study of Sales and Marketing Sentiment Identifies Data Silos Between Teams, Poor Adoption and Low Rates of Automation as Primary Causes
PLEASANTON, CA–(Marketwired – Feb 12, 2015) – Callidus Software Inc. (NASDAQ: CALD), a global leader in cloud-based sales, marketing, learning and customer experience solutions, today released the results of its Sales and Marketing Sentiment Survey. The survey, which was administered through ClickTools, reveals that there is still significant misalignment between sales and marketing teams.
“It’s clear that sales and marketing departments need to be working in tandem, yet the processes are still fractured,” said Leslie Stretch, president and chief executive officer, CallidusCloud. “As this survey shows, sharing data and content between teams is key to bringing the two departments together, increasing communication and efficiencies.”
The survey, completed in December 2014, asked sales and marketing professionals about their current processes and tools, as well as their satisfaction and their current solutions. The top finding — that the majority (84 percent) of sales and marketing teams are misaligned — is highlighted by the following key findings:
- Only 15.71 percent of all respondents said their sales and marketing organizations were fully aligned.
- 63 percent of survey participants don’t fully share data between sales and marketing; almost two-thirds (62.57) still had all or part of their lead data in systems that were visible only to marketing.
- One out of three respondents said that less than a quarter of their sales and marketing processes were automated. Only about 13 percent said more than three quarters of their processes were automated.
- Almost half (41 percent) of sales and marketing reps said separate applications are used for sales and marketing.
- More marketers are dissatisfied with their current technology solutions (34 percent) than sales professionals (24 percent).
- Roughly a quarter of all respondents said that sales and marketing technology had been adopted by fewer than half of their team members.
- Sales was less satisfied in marketing than marketing was in sales. 41.51 percent of marketers responded that they were either “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with their peers in sales, while only 35.29 percent of sales respondents felt the same about marketing. About a quarter of all sales and marketing pros have a negative opinion of their peers.
“The fact that so many of the survey respondents are using separate applications for sales and marketing points to the need for integrated, streamlined technology,” said Giles House, chief marketing officer and senior vice president, CallidusCloud. “There’s a clear need for this type of solution. Our Lead to Money Cloud is an example of how an integrated product suite can drive performance across sales and marketing teams.”
“While sales professionals and marketers are both data-driven, the implementation of integrated solutions encouraging transparency between departments is a simple step toward alignment,” House continued. “This study is a window into the attitudes that will allow the concept of alignment to succeed or fail within businesses.”
The survey was administered through ClickTools, a CallidusCloud company. ClickTools develops cloud applications that integrate with CRM to help businesses better understand and serve their customers. Each respondent claimed to either be a sales or marketing professional, and was determined to have substantial experience in said field. The survey was administered in North America, Europe, South America, Asia and Africa. It will serve as a benchmark for future surveys to help chart the evolving relationship between sales and marketing.
Twitter: @calliduscloud, @calliduscloudIR
Last week, the CallidusCloud announced record Q4 2014 revenue of $38.1 million, a 26% increase. CallidusCloud also reported a 42% year-over-year increase in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) revenue, breaking the company’s previous SaaS bookings record. For more information, visit www.calliduscloud.com
Callidus Software Inc. (NASDAQ: CALD), doing business as CallidusCloud®, is the global leader in cloud based sales, marketing, learning and customer experience solutions. CallidusCloud enables organizations to accelerate and maximize their lead to money process with a complete suite of solutions that identify the right leads, ensure proper territory and quota distribution, enable sales forces, automate configure price quote, and streamline sales compensation — driving bigger deals, faster. Over 3,500 leading organizations, across all industries, rely on CallidusCloud to optimize the lead to money process to close more deals for more money in record time.
©2014. Callidus Software Inc. All rights reserved. Callidus, Callidus Software, the Callidus Software logo, CallidusCloud, the CallidusCloud logo, TrueComp Manager, ActekSoft, ACom3, iCentera, Webcom, Litmos, the Litmos logo, LeadFormix, Rapid Intake, 6FigureJobs, and LeadRocket are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks of Callidus Software Inc.
- ^ Callidus Software Inc. (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ CALD (www.marketwired.com)
- ^ ClickTools (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ www.calliduscloud.com/salespulse (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ www.linkedin.com/company/calliduscloud (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ www.facebook.com/callidussoftware (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ @calliduscloud (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ @calliduscloudIR (ctt.marketwire.com)
- ^ www.calliduscloud.com