Target Takes On Wal-Mart’s Mobile Plans; Now Offers Free Mobile Services In Stores
LOS ANGELES, CA, November 9, 2017 – Just in time for holiday shopping, Target is stepping up the heat on Wal-Mart and other mass merchandisers offering low priced mobile services. Beginning today, shoppers can purchase a $4.99 SIM or low cost Android handset starting at just $59 with free mobile service from FreedomPop, including voice, text and data, in more than 1,100 Target retail locations and on Target.com.
The FreedomPop launch marks a significant market opportunity for Target, which will now feature a completely free mobile service next to higher priced competitive plans. With more than 15 percent of wireless sales happening via Wal-Mart today, Target is taking a competitive step by offering free mobile service across its retail footprint. Though many consumers shop and compare prices for mobile phone plans online, 90 percent of mobile phone plan sales still occur in a retail location.
The launch also comes in advance of the busy holiday shopping season, when many families are looking for less expensive mobile phone services and devices to gift to tweens, family and friends. And as many look to put a new iPhone under the tree, FreedomPop also offers compelling plans starting at $.99 a month for Apple iPhone users, which include 500 MBs of LTE data, 500 voice minutes and 500 texts. Users can also sign-up for FreedomPop’s recently launched annual plan for $5 per month for 1GB of data, unlimited talk and text.
“We’ve had enormous success in offering our free mobile services online only, and now we’re opening up our service to an entirely new market with our expansion into retail locations,” said Steven Sesar, FreedomPop COO. “It’s an unprecedented level of access to our free mobile service.”
FreedomPop is one of the fastest growing mobile providers in the world, with more than two million users across globe, including the U.S., U.K., Mexico and Spain.
FreedomPop provides disruptive mobile services so that no one is left off the “connected grid.” Founded in 2012, FreedomPop is rewriting the rules of the global telecoms industry and is backed by LetterOne, Mangrove Capital, DCM, Partech, Intel Capital, Axiata and Skype Founder Niklas Zennstom’s Atomico. The company offers a suite of devices, services, and innovative social sharing and incentive benefits, providing consumers access to free high-speed Internet and mobile phone services worldwide. Visit www.FreedomPop.com for more information.
Other Point of Sale News:
- OneView Commerce and Quinyx Partner to Optimise Workforce Productivity for Retailers
- Bluefin Payment Systems Launches PCI-Validated P2PE Sub-Listing Opt for Decryptx Partners
- Five Trends to Watch during Singles’ Day 2017
- APG Cash Drawer Releases Mobile and Cloud Based TCP/IP Technology for…
- New: Companies Can Use Trove of Data from Digital Products to Connect Emotionally
- NCR Partners with Samsung, Unveils All-in-One Commerce Station
- Physical Gift Cards Still Reign Supreme Over Digital Cards – First Data Study
- Visa Introduces New Payment Wearables for Fans Attending the Olympic Winter Games
- Empowering Retailers, Multidev launches ChainDrive Integrated Internal Messaging (IIM)
- Jay Shavitz Named President & GM of Restaurant Manager, LLC, a Lighthouse Network Company