The Cheesecake Factory To Launch Its New Mobile App Solution – CakePay
CakePay™, Powered by MyCheck, Allows Guests to View, Split and Pay Their Check Straight From Their Smartphone, Providing a Unique and Seamless Experience in the Restaurant
New York, NY (March 23, 2016) — The Cheesecake Factory®, known for its extensive menu, generous portions and legendary desserts, has selected MyCheck as the mobile payment platform provider for its new mobile payment app called CakePay. The app will begin rolling out nationwide this April.
“The hospitality industry is undergoing massive technological change and is looking towards mobile as a new way to engage their guests. However, doing so in a way that preserves brand equity and ensures operational integrity in a full-service restaurant environment is not so simple,” said Tal Zvi Nathanel, US CEO of MyCheck. “From day one, it has been our mission, through a variety of third-party integrations and a keen focus on the user experience, to ensure that mobile payment is seamless and easy for all the stakeholders involved. We are honored that The Cheesecake Factory has chosen us as their solution provider for this forward-looking initiative.”
“We have been working closely with MyCheck over the last year to ensure that our guests’ mobile payment experience is an extension of the overall Cheesecake Factory experience, and we are very pleased with the results,” said David Gordon, President of The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated. “CakePay has been available in a few of our restaurant locations since last year and has been well-received by our guests and staff alike. We are very pleased to offer our guests the convenience of being able to pay from their smartphones.”
From the guest perspective, CakePay works as follows:
- The guest checks-in to a location.
- A four digit code is generated and is given to the server at the time the order is taken. The server enters the order into the Point of Sale system along with the four-digit code.
- The guests can view their running check on their smartphone.
- When the guest is ready to leave, they can select whether to split the bill with another guest, either by paying for a specific item or splitting it evenly, and then checkout without waiting for the printed check or the credit card slip. A survey option is provided at the end and the guest receives an electronic receipt.
The CakePay app incorporates MyCheck’s PCI DSS Level 1-compliant mobile payment technology and integrates with The Cheesecake Factory’s Positouch point of sale system and credit card processor. Users can link multiple payment methods to their CakePay account, including credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay and PayPal. The CakePay app is available for free download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
MyCheck creates custom apps for hospitality groups and restaurant chains to extend their brand into the mobile world. With faster checkout, increased loyalty and customer engagement, MyCheck turns a clinical payment process into a WOW experience for the guest, providing tools to understand customers better and interact with them in more meaningful ways. Established in 2011, MyCheck operates globally and has integrations into 27 different POS systems and interfaces to an array of loyalty, gift card and financial gateways. For more information, please visit mycheck.io
Other Point of Sale Blogs that may interest you:
- Shoptalk Confirms Keynote Speakers from Leading Retailers, Commerce Disruptors
- Drop Tank to Accelerate Deployment of C-Store Loyalty Programs
- Ebates Survey Finds Adults and Teens Agree – Retail Therapy Is Good for the Soul
- Paypal and Stripe Eager To Service Cuba
- USA Technologies Expands Board of Directors with Selection of New CSO
- Global Digital Payments to Reach 3.6 Trillion This Year, Juniper Research Finds