The Colonel (KFC) Now Accepting Mobile Pay
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – June 1, 2016 – Kentucky Fried Chicken® announced today the adoption of mobile pay in U.S. restaurants, allowing customers to pay in seconds for their real meal hand-prepared in every KFC® restaurant. The new system is compatible with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay and is available in some restaurants beginning now, with system-wide adoption completed by the end of the summer.
Mobile pay adoption comes on the heels of KFC’s recent Re-Colonelization announcement, a recommitment to improving customer experience and making the world’s most famous fried chicken the way the Colonel intended, with a Colonel Quality Guarantee. The changes included more than 100,000 hours of retraining for all employees resulting in more delicious chicken and quicker service, and a redesign of 70 percent of U.S. restaurants, which is underway.
In addition to allowing users to tap and pay with their Android, Apple and Samsung devices inside the restaurants, the new mobile payment system will be functional in KFC drive-thrus as well.
“Ease of use and functionality were our first priorities,” said Chris Caldwell, KFC U.S. Chief Information Officer. “When we factored in consumer concerns about security and privacy, we identified Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay as the best options for our guests.”
The launch of mobile pay is the latest step in the KFC U.S. initiative to modernize restaurants, including an $80 million investment in restaurant equipment upgrades and a $250 million financing program to remodel 70 percent of restaurants by the end of 2018.
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world’s most popular chicken restaurant chain. KFC specializes in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™, Kentucky Grilled Chicken® and Extra Crispy™ Strips, Hot Wings™, Go Cups, KFC Famous Bowls™, Pot Pies, freshly made chicken sandwiches, biscuits and home-style side items. There are more than 19,400 KFC outlets in 120 countries and territories around the world. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM.) For more information, visit www.kfc.com.
More Point of sale news:
- Restaurants can Maximize Dough with New Toast POS
- Lightspeed Accounting Available Now – Sell Everywhere with Bookkeeping Simplified
- Vantiv Executives to Present at Three Upcoming Financial Conferences
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Appoints Michelle McCarthy as VP
- How to Make Authentication Frictionless at ACI User Group Exchange
- DUMAC Business Systems Acquires RORC
- MasterCard Launches MLB All-Star Game Sweepstakes
- Ingenico ePayments Wins Best International CNP Program at 2016 CNP Awards
- Healthy Savings Rewards Program Helps Fight Hunger Locally
- Tagboard Acquires E-commerce Platform Ziibra
- PayNearMe Acquires Financial Management App Prism Money
- Retail Asia Expo 2016 — Brand-New Internet Retailing Expo
The Point of Sale News relies on sponsors to keep the staff fed – and they need more than fried chicken. Please let vendors know when you have seen them here at www.Pointofsale.com. Thank you!
Need to upgrade your Point of Sale system? Click here for some great options. From Retail software to bike shop to veterinary software and many other niches!