The Global Database Security Market Size Expected To Grow to USD 7.01 Billion by 2022
LONDON, Dec. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/–The global database security market size is expected to grow from USD 2.95 billion in 2017 to USD 7.01 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.9% during the forecast period. The database security market is driven by rising threats including SQL injection, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, and malware attacks.
Growing demand for sophisticated security solutions and evolving regulatory landscapes are driving the database security market. However, limited security budgets and high installation cost of solutions may restrain the growth of database security market
Encryption and tokenization software is estimated to hold the largest market size in 2017 in the database security market. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Database encryption is one of the crucial solutions for securing the database. The database encryption can be done in 2 ways: encryption of data at rest and encryption of data in transit with better authentication control. Vendors in the market offer various encryption solutions to protect sensitive business data from both insiders as well as outsiders. These solutions enable the users to maintain row- or column-level encryption and file encryption. Regulations across countries have set new standards for protecting customer information. These are standards for the security of medical records (HIPPA) and financial industry (PCI DSS), regarding the privacy and security of customers’ personal financial and health information
APAC is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
APAC is the highest growing region in the database security market. The market in India, China, Japan, Australia, and South Korea is growing at a significant rate. Owing to the massive growth of data from all industries in this, database security solutions are widely adopted. Whether it is manufacturing or media and entertainment, an enormous flow of data is increasing the need for an effective database security solution. Initially, organizations used to store the data in the form of silos. These silos made it difficult to manage and maintain the data security. Hence, the database security solutions and services are expected to witness a high adoption rate in this region. A recent study has shown a significant Hadoop adoption in the APAC region. This has indicated a rise in large volumes of data as well. Hence, various enterprises in this region have adopted the database security solutions to secure this massive amount of data.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people.
The break-up of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1: 22%, Tier 2: 13%, and Tier 3: 65%
• By Designation: C-level: 24%, Director level: 22%, and Others: 54%
• By Region: North America: 19 Europe: 16%, APAC: 45% and RoW:20%
1. IBM Corporation (US)
2. Oracle Corporation (US)
3. Trustwave Holdings, Inc. (US)
4. Thales e-Security (France)
5. McAfee, LLC (US)
6. Fortinet, Inc. (US)
7. Innovative Routines International (US)
8. Micro Focus (UK)
9. Imperva (US)
10. HexaTier (Israel)
11. Gemalto NV (Netherlands)
12. Protegrity USA, Inc. (US)
The report segments the database security market based on components (software and services); the software segment is further divided into database auditing and reporting, encryption and tokenization, data masking and redaction, access control management, and others (backup and recovery, firewall and antivirus). The services component is categorized as managed services and professional services.
The professional services segment is further segmented into consulting services, support and maintenance, education and training and risk assessment services. Based on deployment models, the market is segmented into on-premises and cloud.
Under the organization size, the market is segmented into Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and large enterprises, whereas under the business functions segment, the market is divided into marketing, sales, operations, finance, and others (HR and legal). Under the industry vertical, the report covers Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI); retail and eCommerce; telecommunications and IT; energy and utilities; manufacturing; government and defense, healthcare and life sciences; media and entertainment; others (travel and hospitality, transportation and logistics, research, education and real estate). The market is segmented into 5 major geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Latin America, and Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Reasons to buy the report
The report will help the leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways: It segments the database security market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across various industry verticals and regions.
1. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
2. The report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes new product launches/upgrades, partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and expansions.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Inpixon Recognized in Gartner Report as a Representative Vendor
- Capitalizing on Changing Food Consumption Habits
- 42Gears Wins Mobile Star Awards 2017
- Strong Start to Holiday Shopping Season: Mastercard SpendingPulse Points to 3.6 % Growth
- New Mastercard Digital Platform Offers Holistic Management for Prepaid Accounts
- GEICO Offers Last Minute Tips to Protect Your Identity During Holiday Shopping
- StealthCrypto Launches Privacy for Mobile Phones Worldwide
- Retailers set for a stellar weekend as shoppers rush to complete their Christmas shopping
- WeChat Pay welcomes the Christmas Shopping Season with Special Offers Worldwide
- Jack Henry & Associates and Ensenta Corporation Complete Acquisition Transaction