Toshiba America Business Solutions Acquires Electro Imaging Systems, Inc.
LAKE FOREST, Calif. (November 15, 2017) — Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) today announced that it has acquired Electro Imaging Systems, Inc. (EIS), a leading independent office equipment dealer located in Livermore, Calif.
EIS, which does not currently sell Toshiba products and solutions, will become part of TABS’ Toshiba Business Solutions (TBS) division. EIS is TABS’ 56th dealer acquisition and the first since 2008. EIS was founded in 1994 as a reseller of Gestetner copiers and multifunction printers. Today, the company offers document and network management solutions, managed print services and office phone systems in addition to the sales, service and support of office printing systems.
“We are very pleased to add a quality organization like EIS to the Toshiba family,” said Scott Maccabe, president and CEO of Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. “Toshiba is continuing to target strategic acquisitions to expand Toshiba Business Solutions in select U.S. markets. We expect EIS to be the first of several acquisitions designed to help fuel our ambitious growth strategy.”
Formed in 1999, Toshiba America Business Solutions operates in over 100 locations throughout the United States and Latin America and provides a variety of award-winning products, solutions and services to more than 100,000 clients.
“When for personal reasons I decided to sell EIS, I looked for a company that I believed would build upon the solid foundation that we’ve created here,” said Qasim Tarin, former owner of EIS. “Toshiba has an excellent reputation for growing its acquired dealerships and providing employees and clients with excellent support and superior products. EIS’ employees and clients are in great hands with Toshiba.”
About Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc.
Toshiba America Business Solutions (TABS) provides multifunction printers, managed document services and digital signage for businesses of all sizes throughout the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. The company’s award-winning e-STUDIO™ copiers and printers provide quality performance with the security businesses require.
Complementing its hardware offering is a full suite of document workflow, capture and security services including Encompass™, the company’s industry-acclaimed Managed Print Services program. Encompass enables clients to print less and optimize workflow while improving energy efficiency.
TABS’ Ellumina™ digital signage offering includes all of the hardware, software and services needed to implement dynamic and interactive digital signage installations. TABS provides content creation and management, displays, integration, installation and project management services as well as financing for solutions ranging from a single screen to the biggest arenas and stadiums. For additional information, please visit www.business.toshiba.com.
Other Point of Sale News:
- Zebra Shopper Survey shows 1/2 of Shoppers Better Connected than Retail Associates
- Looming Christmas Crisis Sparks Retail Delivery Innovation
- MOBI724 Announces Processing of Card-Linked Transactions Through Visa Offers Platform
- Retail Control Systems Partners With Outbound Software For NCR Counterpoint Ticketing
- Partnership Between Netsurion and Lucas Systems Provides Retailers with IT Security
- GSP COO Kevin Farley to Speak at Outlook Conference
- Burroughs Joins Withdraw Cash Wednesday Campaign as Silver Sponsor
- NAPAS Signed MoU with Ant Financial, to Enable Alipay for Chinese Travellers in Vietnam
- Yext and ShopKeep Announce Integration Enabling Businesses to Manage Online Information
- Ebates Holiday Survey: Most Americans Plan to Shop on Black Friday