Turning Shopping into Magic: High-Tech Retailing Debuts at CES 2018
New Conference and Marketplace Covers Top Tech Trends and Innovations Critical to Retail Success in the Digital Age
Industry Expert Speakers Include Facebook, Amazon, Perfect Corp. and Leading Retail Analysts
December 7, 2017 – New York, NY – CES is the launchpad for thousands of innovative products each year as companies race to find the next big thing. And, at the end of this showcase of innovation, the mission is to have created demand for products to find the best ways to reach customers who buy them.
The world of retail is undergoing its own transformation. Technology has transformed the shopping experience both online and in-store, creating all sorts of novel outlets to bring products into consumers’ lives at the right time, place and price. Powering the retail transformation are powerful tools including augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence and data analysis, an ecosystem of tools for to track and monitor inventory and sales. The High-Tech Retailing Conference and Marketplace explore the new world of retail with an eye towards helping both exhibitors at CES and the retailers who work with them to be more efficient, customer-centric and experiential.
On the show floor (located in South Hall of the LVCC) you’ll experience some of the most cutting-edge retail tools including VR shopping, motion and traffic sensors, digital display signage and try on room experiences. Within the High-Tech Retailing Marketplace, on centerstage you’ll see the Retail Innovation Lounge, powered by kwolia. The Retail Innovation Lounge is the place to experience the transformation of retail first hand through fireside chats, demos, tutorials and talks from the leaders in retail. The Lounge is curated by Anne Marie Stephen, who has curated previous exhibits for SxSW and NRF.
We’re all pioneering the new retail together. The Retail Innovation Lounge is a place where people can share ideas and make connections,” said Anne Marie Stephen, CEO and Founder of kwolia. “Being part of this year’s CES lets us take what we’ve created and put technology and innovation front and center.”
The Retail Innovation Lounge is open January 9-12 during regular show floor hours at LVCC, South Hall 3, Booth 31600.
During the half-day High Tech Retailing Summit on January 11, attendees will be invited to explore trends in high-tech retail, including:
- Creating experiential shopping experiences for customers to deepen the customer-retailer connection.
- Using data to create more meaningful customer loyalty programs.
- How augmented reality plays a role in “trying before you buy.”
- How the tech industry can create better experiences for its customers.
- Creating efficiency, the “smart retail ecosystem.”
- The many and new pathways to retail alternatives.
Retailers and buyers, consumer product creators, investors and analysts, press, online site creators, online advertisers, and store retail systems creators will find a valuable opportunity to hear from industry leaders about the future of making the sale.
“With 3,000 new product launches at CES every year, with retail undergoing a digital transformation and with new tools to take the pain points out of the retail experience, it’s the perfect moment for all stakeholders to focus on the opportunity,” said Robin Raskin, Founder and President, Living in Digital Times.
Laura Heller, Editor of Retail Dive will serve as the day’s emcee and a robust roster of speakers will include experts from retail, analysts, and brands. A few highlights:
- Alice Chang, founder of Perfect Corp, discusses how augmented reality is changing the way we try before we buy.
- Eva Press, Group Lead, Retail, CPG, Healthcare, and Government at Facebook, explores incorporating data analytics, AI and IoT into the process of creating a product and looks at new tools like Messenger.
- Niall Murphy, Co-founder and CEO, EVRYTHNG, reveals how his company is building smart ecosystems through product tracking/software controlled embedded devices.
- Kyle Walker, Head of New Business Strategy, Amazon Exclusives, Amazon, details the company’s new Wardrobe strategy.
- Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director of Fung Global Retail & Technology, gives an analysis of the 2018 retail landscape
- Piers Fawkes, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of PSFK, shows us the most innovative experiences of the year and how to find your own authentic partners and experience.
The conference will be held on January 11 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4302. Speakers will be on hand for interviews upon request.
The media partner for the event is Retail Dive, a leading retail industry publication.
To register to attend the High-Tech Retailing Conference, visit http://hightechretailing.com.
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, Kids@Play, Family Tech Summit, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Last Gadget Standing and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
CES® is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
Other Point of sale news:
- JotForm and BlueSnap Simplify International Payments
- Celerant Technology Voted as the #1 Retail Software Provider Overall
- Visa Debuts an Interactive Shopping Experience for the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
- Gift Card Crime Fueling Opioid Addiction Across The US – Airs Today On CNBC Investigates
- Bank of America Merchant Services and Bypass Present PYMNTS.com Restaurant Readiness Index
- Survey: Nearly Three-Quarters of Retail Orgs Lack a Breach Response Plan
- Chargeback Gurus CEO Wins Finance Monthly 2018 Award for FinTech Entrepreneur of the Year
- World’s First Public Transport Retail Interface Open to Everyone in Helsinki Region
- GM Adds Ecommerce To The Dashboard