Upserve Grows 100 Percent and Launches New Products
PROVIDENCE, R.I., May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Upserve, the industry’s leading full-service Restaurant Management Platform, announced it is now managing over $11 billion in annual transaction volume, making it the largest provider of cloud-based point of sale and analytics for the independent restaurant industry.
Restaurants now use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 32 million active diners and over 23 million meals per month, up more than 100 percent in the last year.
“We’re thrilled by our huge growth momentum as restaurants flock from 1990s-era, expensive and clunky point of sale and restaurant technology to our modern, open, affordable, cloud-based platform,” said Angus Davis, CEO and Founder of Upserve. “Breadcrumb POS is easier to use and frees managers from the back office, while Upserve HQ provides data-backed insights to give restaurants a leg up on the floor, in their market, and with guests.”
Upserve Marketplace Doubles with Addition of New Partners
Upserve also announced the growth of Upserve Marketplace to more than 30 partners, the largest marketplace of integrations for any cloud-based restaurant point-of-sale system, with the addition of new partners across multiple categories including online ordering, reservations, inventory management, invoice management and workforce solutions. Examples of newly signed partners include:
- Menufy and Open Dining join Upserve’s growing online ordering program, where orders enter the Breadcrumb POS seamlessly, saving time for restaurateurs, growing revenue, and eliminating order errors.
- BevSpot, MarketMan, PlateIQ, SimpleOrder and xtraCHEF join Upserve’s inventory program, helping restaurateurs manage their largest cost effortlessly, while boosting profits and reducing waste.
- Harri joins Upserve’s workforce management program, key to recruiting, training and scheduling restaurant staff who compose ten percent of the American workforce.
- Opticard and Swipe It joins the expanding Upserve guest card program, providing integrated gift card sales and deeper guest loyalty solutions.
These new additions come on the heels of the launch of Upserve Marketplace in April, signaling the market’s desire for a single restaurant platform of record.
Upserve Announces New Capabilities for Multi-Location Restaurant Groups
Already the go-to choice for restaurant groups with multiple locations for its ease of use and scalability, Upserve announced several features for multi-location restaurant groups. These new capabilities offer mid-market and enterprise customers greater visibility, management and communication across locations. These new features include:
- Multi-Location Menu Management: Breadcrumb POS by Upserve makes restaurateurs’ lives easier by simplifying the process of modifying, adding or deleting menu items across locations. A single master menu enables enterprise-wide control while preserving flexibility of managers at individual locations to make changes when needed. This new feature will be included with the “Pro” tier subscription and will be generally available later this summer.
- Multi-Location Menu Optimization: The Multi-Location Menu Optimization feature for Upserve HQ helps restaurateurs compare menu performance across all locations in the brand, making it easier to re-engineer menus based on national or regional customer preferences. Upserve HQ uses a smart AI matching algorithm to “map” menu items across the brand, including for multi-unit restaurants using different POS Platforms, or restaurants that have named menu items inconsistently across locations. Marketing and operations managers can even create their own customized menu reporting categories. This new feature is included with the Upserve HQ “Pro” subscription and available now.
- Integration with Epson Kitchen Display System: Upserve is expanding its KDS offerings by announcing the addition of fully integrated support for the Epson KDS and printer systems. This integration provides capabilities for restaurants who require a bump bar and back-up printer that displays on a large screen. Upserve will demonstrate integration at the National Restaurant Association show in Chicago, IL from May 20-23. This new feature will be included with the “Pro” tier subscription and will be generally available later this summer.
- Logbook for Upserve Live: The popular Logbook feature is now included in a mobile version of Upserve Live, the industry’s leading mobile restaurant management app. Upserve Live users can now make Logbook entries from their phones, encouraging logbook participation by staff. Managers and owners can review accurate and timely reports from the front lines anywhere, anytime. This feature is included with Upserve Live for iPhone version 2.2, available today in the Apple App Store.
Upserve Strengthens Veteran Executive Team; Opens New York Office
Upserve also announced growth to its executive leadership team, with Brad Kime joining as Senior Vice President of Channel and Alliances. Brad brings over 25 years of leadership experience in growing and scaling companies, most notably for his role as President and Chairman of OnDeck Capital from 2009-2013 prior to that company’s IPO, and subsequent executive leadership roles at LendKey and Signpost. Brad is also the owner of Tini – a popular bar in Indianapolis that has been a loyal Upserve and Breadcrumb POS client for years. Brad will lead Upserve’s newly-opened and rapidly-growing New York City office.
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive, putting everything they need in one place. In a single platform, Upserve offers the market-leading cloud point of sale for restaurants, Breadcrumb POS by Upserve; actionable analytics through Upserve HQ; transparent processing with Upserve Payments; mobile restaurant management with Upserve Live, and seamless integration with leading third-party restaurant apps via the Upserve Marketplace. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 32 million active diners, process over $11 billion in annual sales, and serve over 23 million meals per month. Upserve is headquartered in Providence with additional offices in San Francisco and New York City. read more…
Other POS News:
- Mastercard Brings Faster, Safer Payments to Expedia with Masterpass
- Toast Restaurant Operating System Introduces New Takeout and Delivery Features
- Conformance Technologies Receives ETA’s PayPal Tech Innovation Award
- Mastercard is Becoming the Ticket to Ride in More Than 80 Global Cities
- Global Internet of Things (IoT) In Retail Market Analysis
- Diane von Furstenberg Unifies Commerce with Salesforce Commerce Cloud Einstein
- Epson Showcases New Technology in Commercial Label and Package Printing Demo Center in CA