Verifone Collaborates with Third-Party App Developers to Help Merchants Grow
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Verifone (NYSE: PAY), a world leader in payments and commerce solutions, is showcasing leading application developers at Money20/20 USA to demonstrate how innovative third-party apps integrate with Verifone’s latest solutions to help merchants grow.
Verifone invites developers to design and create non-payment apps for its latest payment devices—without requiring them to be payments experts—via Developer Central. This portal offers a fast, simple way for developers to reach new markets and help merchants and acquirers grow their businesses with apps that enhance the consumer experience and streamline operations.
“The proliferation of new technologies and payment methods continue to redefine consumers’ expectations of the in-store shopping experience, and what it takes for merchants to succeed in today’s retail environment,” said Abizar Vakharia, vice president of Global Solutions for Verifone. “By supporting third-party apps at the point of sale, Verifone facilitates a connected payment ecosystem. We are committed to offering an open and flexible, cloud-based platform that welcomes partner and merchant collaborations to customize and fit their needs.”
Applications being showcased at Money20/20 USA and available to merchants, include:
- iMobile3: a leading provider of tablet POS applications, with over 100,000 units deployed throughout North America, iMobile3 powers Verifone’s new Carbon platform and Developer Central with a trusted small business payments solution that is available today.
- Ecwid: the leading omnichannel e-commerce platform, which allows SMBs to sell everywhere, including on web, mobile, social, marketplaces, in-store with their point of sale and on-the-go.
- vLoyalty by vPromos: a card-linked loyalty, social and mobile engagement solution from vPromos that merchants can use to seamlessly enroll customers, track rewards, send targeted card-linked offers via SMS and email, and redeem rewards and offers in real time at the point of sale.
- GiftFly: the fastest, most convenient custom gift card solution for any business, which enables merchants to create, promote, fundraise and sell their physical and digital gift cards to anyone, anywhere, anytime—instantly.
- Homebase: a leading employee management solution that increases operational efficiency by enabling merchants to build better schedules in less time, track hours from anywhere, and save time on preparing payroll.
Learn more about these innovative apps and their integration with Verifone at Money20/20 USA in Las Vegas, from October 22nd-25th. Schedule a meeting at the Verifone lounge outside the exhibit hall, or download additional information here.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for VeriFone Systems, Inc.
This press release includes certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s current expectations or beliefs and on currently available competitive, financial and economic data and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements herein due to changes in economic, business, competitive, technological and/or regulatory factors, and other risks and uncertainties affecting the operation of the business of VeriFone Systems, Inc., including many factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those associated with: successful rollout of third party applications with our solutions offerings, execution of our strategic plan and business initiatives and whether the expected benefits of our plan and initiatives are achieved, short product cycles and rapidly changing technologies, our ability to maintain competitive leadership position with respect to our payment solution offerings, our assumptions, judgments and estimates regarding the impact on our business of the continued uncertainty in the global economic environment and financial markets, our ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses into our business and operations, our ability to protect against fraud, the status of our relationship with and condition of third parties such as our contract manufacturers, distributors and key suppliers upon whom we rely in the conduct of our business, our dependence on a limited number of customers, the conduct of our business and operations internationally, our ability to effectively hedge our exposure to foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations, and our dependence on a limited number of key employees. For a further list and description of the risks and uncertainties affecting the operations of our business, see our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K and our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. We may also provide material information about us on our investor relations website at www.ir.verifone.com, in company press releases and in social media postings. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date such statements are made. Verifone is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
Other Point of Sale News
- TableSafe Launches EMV on its Award-Winning RAIL Pay-at-the-Table Platform
- First Data Unveils Series of New Initiatives with Apple Pay
- Mastercard Eyes Future of Retail with AR Shopping Experience
- Alipay Taps Marqeta to Expedite Payment Acceptance At Retail Locations Across the U.S.
- Ingenico Group Expands mPOS Offer with new Tablet POS Solution for the US Market
- LogiMAT Expands Sales Activities in Turkey
- Mastercard Opens-Up Access to Blockchain API
- Retail Community Joins Together to Launch U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition
- Future POS Announces Feature Rich Cloud Based Back Office
- First Data to Acquire BluePay