Wal-mart Suing Visa Over Forced Signature vs Pin code
CNBC.com is reporting tonight that Wal-mart has filed suit against Visa, alleging that Visa is requiring a signature on debit PIN cards so that it can get a higher fee.
“VISA nevertheless has demanded that we allow fraud-prone signature verification for debit transactions in our U.S. stores because VISA stands to make more money processing those transactions,” Wal-Mart said.
Other point of sale news:
- Apple Pay Now Available to Canadian MasterCard Cardholders
- Revionics Announces Agreement with BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Kroger Family of Stores Hiring 14,000 Employees
- Predictive Mobile Ads Measurably Increased Sales for CPG Brands
- Is Mobile Point of Sale Changing the Retail World?
- Veras Retail to Acquire and Extend JDA Point-of-Sale Solutions
- Roche Bros. Selects Unata for Enhanced eCommerce and Omni-Channel Shopping Experience
- Women in Retail Cocktail Reception to be Held at Shoptalk
- Saks Fifth Avenue to Accept MasterPass
- The ALDO Group Inc. Selects B2B eCommerce to Support Franchise and Retail Stores
- JetPay Announces Diane (Vogt) Faro as Chief Executive Officer
- Cayan Releases Data Showing EMV Doesn’t Have to Slow Down the Customer Experience
- Card-Not-Present Fraud Losses to Exceed $7 Billion by 2020
Pointofsale.com relies on sponsors to keep the wheels turning. Please let vendors know when you have seen them here. Thank you.