Walmart Adds MasterPass by MasterCard to Online and Mobile Checkout
Walmart Online Shoppers in the U.S. will soon be able to skip the checkout forms by clicking the “Buy with MasterPass” button
PURCHASE, N.Y. – January 4, 2016 — With online and mobile purchases soaring, MasterCard today announced that Walmart will accept MasterPass in 2016 across its domestic online properties. MasterPass by MasterCard is a digital payments platform that enhances the online and mobile checkout process.
MasterPass is a simple, convenient, trusted digital platform that provides a fast, safe shopping experience at thousands of online merchants. It enables consumers to pay for the things they want with the security they demand, online or mobile, using any device. The platform securely stores payment and shipping information, which is readily accessible when a consumer checks out using the, “Buy with MasterPass” button and logs into their account.
“We have enjoyed a longstanding business relationship with Walmart and are pleased to expand this into the online and mobile channels through MasterPass,” said Michael Cyr, group executive, U.S. Market Development, MasterCard. “With MasterPass, consumers can go online, place their order and pay with just a click. The burden of entering delivery and billing information is eliminated, further enhancing the Walmart online customer experience.”
With mobile making the fast transition from a browsing application to an important sales channel for retailers, MasterPass helps deliver the best possible customer experience across whichever channel customers choose.
U.S. consumers can set up a MasterPass account by visiting the MasterPass website or by signing up with a participating bank. Launched in 2013, MasterPass by MasterCard is free, easy to set up, and available anywhere you see the “Buy with MasterPass” button. It is currently available in 24 countries and is accepted at 250,000 merchants globally.
MasterCard, www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories.
Other point of sale news stories:
- Automotive Point of sale – Tesla Delivers 17,400 Vehicles in Q4 2015; Total 2015 Deliveries Were 50,580
- SHOES.COM Unveils Canada’s Footwear Trends Report of 2015
- Wireless Rodent Trap to be Featured at 2016 CES
- Aptos Names Retail Business Industry Veteran Lawrence Jackson to Board of Directors
- Revel Systems Opens London Office
- Sephora Optimizes Inventory With TXTPlanning
- Software for Wholesale to Helps Companies Recommend Best Retail Mix To Partners
- Restaurant POS Suite Optimized for the Apple iPad Pro
- Rising Affluence, Young Consumers, and E-Commerce To Keep China Boom Alive
- Social Media Guru Mari Smith to Deliver Keynote at LS Retail’s Conference
- CPA Releases Multi-Year Data on Canadian Payment Methods and Trends