Worldpay Invests in Leading Machinelearning Fraud Prevention Company, Featurespace
4 October 2017 – London — Worldpay, a leader in global payments, is pleased to announce that it has participated in Featurespace Limited’s (“Featurespace”) latest £16.5m funding round as a new investor, alongside other existing and new investors, as part of its commitment to fast-growing ventures in the payments ecosystem. The round, led by Highland Europe, was also supported by Invoke Capital and existing Featurespace investors such as Touchstone Innovations plc.
Alongside committing investment, Worldpay has formed a commercial partnership with the leading machine learning, fraud prevention company, to help further accelerate the development of fraud prevention services for Worldpay’s own merchant customers. As part of the agreement, Worldpay will licence Featurespace’s advanced behavioural analytics technology for a number of key use cases, including risk management and fraud prevention for merchants.
Featurespace, based in Cambridge, England, is an Adaptive Behavioural Analytics company that is addressing the fast-growing fraud detection and prevention market, which according to MarketsandMarkets, was worth $14.23bn in September 2017 and is growing at 20% per annum.
Through the partnership, Worldpay expects to further develop industry-leading fraud and risk management products for its merchant customers around the world through the combination of technology and Worldpay’s own Data Science capability and state-of-the-art Enterprise Data Platform. Worldpay also expects to use Featurespace’s technology to enhance its own capabilities in areas such as the development of Intelligent Payment services.
Mark Kimber, Chief Information Officer at Worldpay, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Featurespace, a business with world-class machine learning technology. We are always looking to work with innovative companies and are confident that this partnership will deliver superior outcomes for our customers, by preventing more fraudulent transactions whilst reducing the number of genuine transactions that are declined. We’ve been incredibly impressed by the evolution of this business and believe it has the potential to grow significantly. With our investment in the company, we are looking forward to supporting the Featurespace team as they grow their business and capabilities.”
Martina King, Featurespace CEO, commented: “Following an extensive product Request for Proposal and thorough investment due diligence, we are delighted to be selected by Worldpay.
“Featurespace and Worldpay will combine our considerable technology and experience to protect merchants against the ongoing fight against fraud and risk. We are delighted to welcome Worldpay to our list of customers and investors.”
Some info about Pointofsale.com readership and publication:
* Now in our 8th year
* Over 100,000 visitors a month to our websites, served over 5 million pages to viewers last year.
* 65% SMB (small to medium businesses)
* 90% looking for a POS solution or POS information of some kind
* Average visitor reads 5 pages per visit
* 20,000+ Twitter followers – https://twitter.com/thePOSnews
* 100,000+ Facebook followers – https://www.facebook.com/thePOSnews
Other POS News:
- ASC X9 Publishes New Tokenization Standard That Enhances Security of Payment Card Data
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Launches Online Ordering for All Locations
- Instacart And Lowes Foods Partner To Launch Same-Day Delivery In Raleigh-Durham
- DTT Announces Partnership with PAR Technology’s Cloud-Based Brink POS Software
- Online Sales Tax Challenge Headed to Supreme Court
- Paris Retail Week 2017 Welcomes 25,000+ Professionals
- Cayan Adds TSYS EMV Certification
- NCR and Worldpay Launch Ring Up by NCR Silver for Micro Merchants
- Epicor Software Corporation Announces CEO Succession
- Spectralink Promotes Andrew Duncan to VPof Product Management and Technology Solutions