WPP’s The Store Hosts Global Retail Forum
MIAMI, FL (May 16, 2017) – WPP, the world’s largest communications group, brings the WPP Global Retail Forum, hosted by The Store, to Miami. The theme, “Reimagine Retail”, highlights the constantly changing and increasingly dynamic retail landscape as technology both disrupts and enhances the way people shop. The forum was held on Thursday, May 11th and Friday, May 12th at the 1 Hotel South Beach.
The forum examined retail in the context of society and address how data, content, and technology, like social media, influence the ways consumers experience brands, additionally, how marketers can optimize their reach. The future of retail depends on brands and retailers facilitating the fundamental need for people to connect with one another, and so to reach today’s experience-driven, tech-savvy consumer retailers must find unique ways to wow the customer (key accounts and shoppers) at every possible moment. With significant changes on a global scale and the increased accessibility to products and services, we also see a social shift that impacts how brands are marketed and recognized. This transformation has accelerated growth and brought new retail formats to the market.
Gwen Morrison, CEO of The Store for the Americas, commented: “The importance of creativity has never been more critical as we look at the application of technology across media and retail. Brands are under pressure to engage with context and by looking ahead to new sources of data, the possibilities are endless. The future of retail will optimize physical stores, with increased emphasis of ‘soft’ digital experiences within them. The definition of ‘Store’ will also shift as branded environments move in and out of physical formats.”
The agenda included 20 presentations with 36 executives who will share best practices and expose the changes that have influenced market trends in their area(s) of expertise. These leaders of the retail industry and other disciplines covered a range of topics about the constantly changing and increasingly dynamic retail landscape.
Some of the participating speakers included:
• Vishal Shah, Director of Product Management at Instagram
• Michael Francisco, Head of Business Development at Amazon (Amazon Alexa)
• Minson Chen, Business Development Manager at Samsung
• Brent Rosso, VP of Digital Media at Target
• Aleka Karachalios, Director of Marketing at Dell
• Ana Pelucarte, Co-Founder, Pop Up Mob
• Arifa Sheikh, Director at Kantar Vermeer
• Kieley Taylor, Head of Social at Catalyst
• Patricia Paiva, Shopper Marketing Manager at Coca-Cola Brazil
• Hermann Behrens, CEO, Americas, FITCH
• Jill Orr, Executive VP (International) at Triad Retail Media
For more information about the WPP Retail Forum, or for an opportunity to interview spokespersons, please contact, Jennefer.Melendez@bm.com.
About The Store:
The Store is WPP’s global retail practice. Sharing knowledge and best practice in retail across WPP Group companies to facilitate leading-edge thinking and deliver extra value that supports client initiatives. Their mission is to help grow the retail expertise across the group in an increasingly dynamic landscape and extend WPP’s extraordinary leadership in retail. As a knowledge hub, they can draw insights from the Group’s unparalleled understanding of consumers, retailing, brands, technology, and shopper marketing. The Store interprets learnings and insights to a broad audience inside and outside of WPP in the form of conferences, articles, webinars, guest lectures at universities, and digital content.
WPP is one of the world’s largest communications services groups and it is composed of leading companies in the following areas: advertising, investment management media, information, insight and consultancy, public relations and public affairs, positioning branding, medical communication, direct marketing, promotional and relational communications with specialists.
Each one of the WPP companies is a distinctive brand with its own identity and area of expertise. WPP’s strength is diversity, but with important aspects in common as the use of intelligence, talent, and experience to provide customers a competitive advantage. Through its companies, WPP provides a comprehensive and integrated range per the circumstances, communication services to national, multinational, and global clients. The WPP companies work with over 300 companies from the Fortune Global 500 companies; more than half of the NASDAQ 100 and over 30 of the Fortune e-50. Collectively, the Group has 91,000* employees working in over 2,000 offices in 106 countries.
Other POS News:
- Sterling Payment Technologies and ExaDigm Announce Wireless EMV Solution
- New Time and Attendance Module and Enhanced Configurable Labor Compliance From HotSchedules
- North American Bancard Holdings Acquires Total Merchant Services
- Revention Releases Third Party Online Ordering Integration to Point of Sale
- Michigan Good Food Fund Tops $10.5 Million Milestone In Statewide Good Food Investments
- Star Micronics Introduces New Line of Genuine Star Receipt Paper
- Disrupt, Differentiate And Win In A Crowded Market through Leveraging Packaging