Zebra Unveils New Android Enterprise Smartphone for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Oct. 26, 2017 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today introduced the TC20, a rugged, value-driven mobile computer designed to meet the specific needs of small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
The TC20 is a light, durable and long-lasting mobile device developed for indoor use for SMBs in sectors such as retail and hospitality, where balancing device functionality and cost is essential. Zebra has leveraged decades of enterprise innovation in the TC20 to revolutionize the SMB market where the use of outdated pen and paper systems and fragile, underpowered consumer devices is widespread. With the rugged and lightweight TC20, SMBs can now enjoy business-ready functions such as a built-in scanner, longer battery life and better connectivity in a no compromise mobile computer that reflects the design and familiar user interface of a consumer device.
- The TC20 comes in affordable models designed for 1D and 2D barcode scanning, and pairing it with the Zebra® RFD2000 UHF RFID sled easily adds UHF RFID tag reading, writing and locationing capabilities, making it ideal for retail store environments. Small businesses can now benefit from integrated enterprise quality barcode and RFID tag reading, eliminating the need for unreliable, slower and power-intensive smartphone cameras.
- The TC20 is designed to withstand dusty environments and accidental drops, reducing costly repairs while ensuring longer and more productive use.
- With Zebra OneCare™, the LifeGuard™ for Android™ solution provides extended security updates over a longer lifespan of the TC20, ensuring the security of the operating system at all times.
- Easy to deploy without time-intensive staff training, the TC20’s bright 4.3-inch screen and Android interface provide a familiar, intuitive experience that’s easy to use out of the box. Available in all-touch or “touch and keyboard” form factors, the TC20 allows staff more time to focus on customers.
- Designed as an enterprise line of business smartphone, the TC20 is powered by Mobility DNA™ and its unique ecosystem of software such as Datawedge, StageNow and Mobility Extensions (Mx) which helps streamline deployment management and troubleshooting.
- Using Zebra’s Workforce Connect Push-To-Talk Express, staff can perform voice communications over wireless LAN to communicate one-on-one or in groups, allowing them to coordinate and react to changing needs in real time and improve customer service.
- A wide range of accessories, such as a snap-on power pack to support continuous use, hand straps, holsters and a snap-on trigger handle, allows staff to use the TC20 for a wide range of tasks with reduced strain and improved efficiency.
Bryan Bassett, Research Analyst, Mobile Enterprise Device Solutions, IDC
“Zebra’s TC20 provides a compelling case for smaller businesses to set aside familiar, consumer-centric mobile devices in favor of a dedicated, versatile and purpose-built device. Improved battery life, durability and better scanning all have the means of improving productivity for workers in a wide range of industries and sectors.”
Joe White, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra offers the industry’s largest range of Android mobile computers and the introduction of the TC20 enterprise smartphone reinforces our position as a leader in the enterprise Android space. Until now, small- and medium-sized businesses had limited options: either struggling with the risk and frustration of using consumer devices or running their operations manually with pen and paper. The cost-effective TC20 gives SMBs a better choice while delivering a powerful customer experience.”
Other Point of Sale News:
- Community Financial Institutions Report Surge in Mobile Engagement
- Malls pump more than $8 billion into renovations to entice shoppers
- Revel Systems and LevelUp Partner to Enhance the Mobile Experience for Restaurants
- IHOP® Restaurants Opens Small Format, On The Go Location At Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- Harbortouch and Orca Partner to Bring Robust Inventory and Ordering Solution to Customers
- Intellicheck’s Retail ID Mobile Powers Fraud Prevention and Customer Satisfaction
- TrueCommerce Announces Amazon Marketplace Integration
- Standard Chartered Bank Integrates Mastercard Send
- In OrderDynamics’ Study, Canadian Retailers Rank Dead Last with Only 23.5% Offering
- #Money2020 Ingenico Group announces the availability of the Lane/8000